Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
this is definitely not cottagecore:

featured_hu80ca0e26d6179892436d3d5f8f2569b0_696014_720x0_resize_q90_lanczos.jpg

100_7165_New_Roof_thm.jpg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Carson alerted on something a few minutes ago. Hackles up, tail and ears up, growling, standing on the porch. I followed his gaze and there in the front field was a coyote! It trotted across the field, couldn’t go through the sheep wire at the driveway, so must’ve gone through the front fence, through all the overgrown brush on the front fence row. Carson let out a few warning barks. I went out on the porch and gave him lots of praise. And THAT is why my Livestock Guard Dogs are so important to me. Carson is half Labrador and half Great Dane, he’s no LGD breed, but he thinks he is. Shhhhh……. We won’t tell him!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We'r cottage people :lol::lol::lol:
Is that anything like the Village People? :lol: :lol:

On the site I see this ---

...all without ever leaving home or facing the realities and challenges of rural life...

So, they have a bucolic pretend life!! WE, on the other hand, know too well the "realities and challenges" in real time. :old 😁 they've never even smelled manure, little lone shoveled it. :lol:

If the SHTF they're gonna get splattered! 👍

Last edited:

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Carson alerted on something a few minutes ago. Hackles up, tail and ears up, growling, standing on the porch. I followed his gaze and there in the front field was a coyote! It trotted across the field, couldn’t go through the sheep wire at the driveway, so must’ve gone through the front fence, through all the overgrown brush on the front fence row. Carson let out a few warning barks. I went out on the porch and gave him lots of praise. And THAT is why my Livestock Guard Dogs are so important to me. Carson is half Labrador and half Great Dane, he’s no LGD breed, but he thinks he is. Shhhhh……. We won’t tell him!

Yep! good job puppy,
we have a LG pack of coyotes, a LG bear and I am sure of bob cats and Mt.Lion,

my puppies keep wildlife where it belongs 😁
IMG-1224.jpg

Last edited:

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Is that anything like the Village People? :lol: :lol:

On the site I see this ---

...all without ever leaving home or facing the realities and challenges of rural life...

So, they have a bucolic pretend life!! WE, on the other hand, know too well the "realities and challenges" in real time. :old 😁 they've never even smelled manure, little lone shoveled it. :lol:

If the SHTF they're gonna get splattered! 👍
And AMEN to that!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

My hunting dog, mutt is the same. He keep the predators at bay (no phun intended Bay) 😁.

Yea I looked at cottage/country/farm core. Come visit me in those white dresses, I'll have them fixed up by 10 am. Be prepared for the nasty four letter word W O R K because I got a lot of it that needs doing. And some of it will define the word nasty to a T.
960x0.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Today was the last day with a sunset after 6pm until March here.

Alaskan is probably sitting in the dark laughing at that.
I have been galavanting with my mom.

Heading back home today.

So.... sunset? Alaska?

:idunno

Haven't been home!

Kids were left with 3 check lists.

I have been told that they are NOT all done!!!! :barnie

Latest posts