Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think I would just be asking for trouble with a bull out here. Please talk me out of this 🙄
Screenshot_20221109-212438~3.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think I would just be asking for trouble with a bull out here. Please talk me out of this 🙄
View attachment 21080

Screenshot_20221109-201248_Chrome.jpg

Actually I don't know what age you can't use a burdizzo on them. Probably too old to band also. Might actually need a real snip.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Up at 5 am, watching the news and drinking some coffee.....at 5:30 am I hear little feet upstairs and down comes the youngest. She went potty and I sent her back upstairs, I can hear her singing, lol. She doesn't have to get up until 7 am for school, I will go up in about 10 min and let her come down. I really need my alone time in the morning, to reset and prepare for the day. It is the only time I am by myself.

Mid 60s this morning but headed to the 40s for the afternoon. I need to get the chicken's heated bowls out and find some rocks for them as the chicks aren't quite big enough for me to feel safe with just open bowls.

I have to order my oldest's cap and gown for graduation by tomorrow, can't believe how fast the time is going, she will graduate in 6 months and then off to find her way in the world.

Ordered some freeze dried foods the other day, 2-3 week delay for shipping, crazy. I like to add to my stock every 6-9 months :) plus I think the girls found a canister of blueberries and ate those up a couple weeks ago!

Have a great day all, enjoy fall as winter is a comin'

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

time sure does go by fast!

looks like the forecast is holding up for today so 73F is the forecast high with tomorrow being cooler but at least not freezing overnight.

i'm the same way in that i like quiet in the morning to get going. after i'm awake for a bit we put on some music. will be outside again all day. :)

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Up at 5 am, watching the news and drinking some coffee.....at 5:30 am I hear little feet upstairs and down comes the youngest. She went potty and I sent her back upstairs, I can hear her singing, lol. She doesn't have to get up until 7 am for school, I will go up in about 10 min and let her come down. I really need my alone time in the morning, to reset and prepare for the day. It is the only time I am by myself.

Mid 60s this morning but headed to the 40s for the afternoon. I need to get the chicken's heated bowls out and find some rocks for them as the chicks aren't quite big enough for me to feel safe with just open bowls.

I have to order my oldest's cap and gown for graduation by tomorrow, can't believe how fast the time is going, she will graduate in 6 months and then off to find her way in the world.

Ordered some freeze dried foods the other day, 2-3 week delay for shipping, crazy. I like to add to my stock every 6-9 months :) plus I think the girls found a canister of blueberries and ate those up a couple weeks ago!

it does go fast, my eldest is 48, then 40, 38, 35,
I homeschooled all my children they are all in a professional field and doing great. we have 11 grandkids the eldest is 21.
its 30 out, a dark frozen 5am

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
View attachment 21080

You do not need a bull. Your herd is real small. If you had 20-30 cows, then yes, but you don’t. If you want calves, call the vet for AI. With a bull in the pasture, there goes the peaceful pasture. No more walking in the pasture, you might make a pet out of him, those are only more dangerous. You never know when he might snap and run you down. You wouldn’t be expecting it or using caution because he’s so sweet and a pet. Then there’s your grandchildren…….

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
time sure does go by fast!

looks like the forecast is holding up for today so 73F is the forecast high with tomorrow being cooler but at least not freezing overnight.

i'm the same way in that i like quiet in the morning to get going. after i'm awake for a bit we put on some music. will be outside again all day. :)
I have one task I didnt do yet outside, Iam hoping for an hour of dry, 45degrees,
When we picked up all the cut hay/grass and moved it over where the compost bin is, I strategically put some piles by the apple; plumb and pear trees; the horseradish, 10 blueberries and 5 elderberries-- I need to go out and spread it in a good matting. It will block weeds, feed the ground and protect the roots.
( I brought my berries with me when we moved)