Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You do not need a bull. Your herd is real small. If you had 20-30 cows, then yes, but you don’t. If you want calves, call the vet for AI. With a bull in the pasture, there goes the peaceful pasture. No more walking in the pasture, you might make a pet out of him, those are only more dangerous. You never know when he might snap and run you down. You wouldn’t be expecting it or using caution because he’s so sweet and a pet. Then there’s your grandchildren…….
AMEN !

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:cafI finally gave both dogs a shower and trimmed their nails yesterday. that is a 4-hour chore,
🍁🍁I love that the chore list is just about done. :bow
Hahahaha but there is one brewing for the spring :p
Ok, Tonys up and wants out, time to open the coop door, 5:58 !

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:cafI finally gave both dogs a shower and trimmed their nails yesterday. that is a 4-hour chore,
I love when lists are almost done or complete, but like you we always have a 'what's next' list started which is very dependent on the temps/season.

bathing dogs is no light task, lol

I opened up the coop at 6:20 am and no one would come out, it was raining and still dark, so I put out the food and went inside, no 'good mornings' today!

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
🤔 🙄 Well,,,,,,, actually there is an outside chore I am going to do inside,,, so it will dry completely

I need to paint the nesting box,,,, Maybe I'll knock that out today maybe??

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I consulted with pasture boss oreo, on this bull business. This is the look I got, my mind is made up.
IMG_20221109_140319375.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Bennet’s cousin, Lee’s cows got out. So they got someone else to help Cowboy those cows, plus dogs and came back with nary a cow. Cows scattered in all directions. It’s a mix of open pastures and thick woods and lousy fences. The truck and trailer went back towards Bennet’s and Bennet on horseback. Then here come some cows, just a running, they veered off into the 40 acres on the other side of me and disappeared. I sent a text to Peggy and pretty soon, here come Bennet and Lee in a truck, looking around. They just came back on horseback with dogs. It will be dark in an hour. If the cows go through that fence, they may wind up on a clear cut that has hundreds of acres.

So that’s been the afternoon excitement here. I was thinking of @farmerjan and how she doesn’t put up with crazy cows. It seems that’s all Lee has! Hahaha! Keeping my front gate closed, don’t want a bunch of stupid cows in here

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Bennet’s cousin, Lee’s cows got out. So they got someone else to help Cowboy those cows, plus dogs and came back with nary a cow. Cows scattered in all directions. It’s a mix of open pastures and thick woods and lousy fences. The truck and trailer went back towards Bennet’s and Bennet on horseback. Then here come some cows, just a running, they veered off into the 40 acres on the other side of me and disappeared. I sent a text to Peggy and pretty soon, here come Bennet and Lee in a truck, looking around. They just came back on horseback with dogs. It will be dark in an hour. If the cows go through that fence, they may wind up on a clear cut that has hundreds of acres.

So that’s been the afternoon excitement here. I was thinking of @farmerjan and how she doesn’t put up with crazy cows. It seems that’s all Lee has! Hahaha! Keeping my front gate closed, don’t want a bunch of stupid cows in here
I was told, they ain't supposed to run, they loose weight when they run 😂

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok -- raining...thanks Nicole...I'm home today and we'll, you know -- wanted to work outside. :rolleyes: they suggested sprinkles this morn were possible, clearing, then more later. What a hoot!! 🤨. Stop and go heavy showers now. Booo, boo, boo!! 😫

Wanted to sleep late. Body said to no. I'd even turned the alarm off. 🤷🙄. Had hard time going to sleep and now I'll probably need a nap later. Oh well. At least storm is supposed to blow out tonight. I have outside things to do for weekend. Leave rain.