Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That has always been something I've never understood. Why do people commit adultery? What is so wrong with you where you can be ok with hurting so many people? David surely knew better.
Yes, David did know better. There is no new sin today, nothings new under the sun. Sin entered the world in Genesis 6, by choice, Eve chose to disobey. Adam chose to participate and to not say, "No Eve" . He knew better, the Almighty told him directly what was off limits. David chose..............
We have a choice,
It is sad when ones actions hurt other people.
As with all sin, our Savior knew from before the beginning we all would sin and only by the shedding of blood could that sin be forgiven.
Jesus The Christ was and is the only propitiation for our sins.
How wonderful, ☺️ that with a true repentant heart, we are washed as white as snow, forgiven and it is remembered no more. ❣️

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
That's a very interesting question. There's a strong argument that humans aren't biologically monogamous.
and not being biologically monogamous makes sense for how much social pressure has been needed to try to make people be monogamous. The rate of adultery (55% for men, 50% of women) and divorce rate of 42% speaks to this.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yeah for black beans, I am getting a pot going for rice bowls and salads
:drool
IMG_20211105_091552_HDR.jpg

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That has always been something I've never understood. Why do people commit adultery? What is so wrong with you where you can be ok with hurting so many people? David surely knew better.
God gave us Free Will, knowing we would choose wrongly again, and again, and again. For instance, we are also told to love our enemies; and to not judge. I know it's wrong to do so. I know better. But I still find myself doing so.
I think the reason He did, is that if we love Him because we are programmed to, it doesn't mean as much as when we love Him because we choose to.
It's like the difference between the love your dog has for you, versus that from your lover. Which means more to you?