Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@flowerbug wanted to mention... I finally got around to reading your web page about your water situation.

Fascinating stuff, good read.

Let me understand a completely different kind of country.

Thanks for sending me the link, and taking so much time to write up such a clear and detailed account.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Black Beans and Rice? WHAT? Only like one of my favorite meals.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
black beans, ( i cooked3 cups today) water , salt & pepper / cook beans until soft
712eBZJjzaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Long Grain Brown Rice = 2 cups rice 4 cups water or how ever you cook rice

and when the beans are done I drain them and put the beans in a bowl
When the rice is done I put it in a bowl

So, then when I am hungry /I heat up some beans and some rice and I put ( like today) some salad and avocado and shredded chicken

Something like this pic , its not my bowl but a google bowl burrito-bowls-5-2.jpg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm leaving this morning for the new house. Going to get the two 40' shipping containers blocked up. A friend is coming to help my son and I. Another friend is coming to put on the new door locks. I'll be out at daylight to feed dogs, feed, water and hay the sheep. I'll be back tomorrow evening, hopefully before dark.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm leaving this morning for the new house. Going to get the two 40' shipping containers blocked up. A friend is coming to help my son and I. Another friend is coming to put on the new door locks. I'll be out at daylight to feed dogs, feed, water and hay the sheep. I'll be back tomorrow evening, hopefully before dark.
Prayers and hugs, big day with bigger emotions.

I am.up because I can't sleep. Sat and everyone is in bed and I got my coffee, water, laundry a going and my The Dorito Effect book that Ingot in the mail yesterday, thanks for the suggestion @tortoise

Attachments

• 16361972140913564642872104082146.jpg
    16361972140913564642872104082146.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 65

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OH Dana my prayers are with you, this is a hard thing but I am so glad you have your son by your side.
Please drive careful! ❣️ 💞💞💞

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Prayers and hugs, big day with bigger emotions.

I am up because I can't sleep. Sat and everyone is in bed and I got my coffee, water, laundry a going and my The Dorito Effect book that Ingot in the mail yesterday, thanks for the suggestion @tortoise
I too am up at 4am, coffees made and the dog Tony is fussing at the top of the stairs trying to get Ziva to get up. My Sweet husband is snoring, It is suppose to snow up on Salquaminie & Stevens pass today,

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Rest
We need rest, time to sit and reflect,
time to turn on the radio let the cares of the world go and just dance, time to be funny, silly, laugh out loud, time to cry,
A time go away
mark6:31 And He *said to them,
“Come away by yourselves to a secluded place and Rest a while.”

Rest
there will always be one more thing to do,

Be Still.................

126210df511986f91024174a73261269.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@flowerbug wanted to mention... I finally got around to reading your web page about your water situation.

Fascinating stuff, good read.

Let me understand a completely different kind of country.

Thanks for sending me the link, and taking so much time to write up such a clear and detailed account.

i think this was meant for the water thread, but thanks for reading along. :) i consider it a basic rule of any property that you learn the flows of the land, air, water, nutrients, etc. as much as possible and preferrably before you start sticking your fingers into things. :) alas for this property i wasn't consulted at all before Mom bought it. it is way too complicated and has a lot of things going on that i would wish to avoid but i'm kinda stuck here now so i cope with it all as best i can. :)