Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Slept like a rock again, don't recall turning off my alarms, mist have needed the rest. It's 35 degrees misty and little wind, sweatshirt weather.

Forecast is calling for hat, coat and gloves for the next few days.
Screenshot_20221222-094853.png

Enjoy your day.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woke up to high 40's and are supposed to hit 60 by noon. We'll be down to freezing by 3p and in the 20's by 6p. The front will blow in with winds in the 30 - 40mph range. Overnight low forecast to be 18 with a feels like temp around 1. ONE DEGREE! o_O I don't live this far south and risk hurricanes every year to put up with THIS! 🤬
Think of it like this, risk tornadoes with little to no forewarning. It could be worse, feel like -35.
Screenshot_20221222-101256.png

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Did all the laundry yesterday, since we are also battling fleas. Did five loads of bedding and dog stuff.
Pro tip: the dryer kills fleas - no need to wash! Saves tons of time and energy! Repeat every 3 days for at least 3 weeks. But flea life cycle slows in cool temperatures, so plan on much longer.

Also, vacuuming kills 99.9% of all life stages! Its the most effective non-rx tool we have against fleas. Vacuum daily - hard surfaces, baseboard cracks, furniture too - for minimum of 3 weeks.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cut 7 of the largest heads of cabbage. Asked my neighbor if they would take any. Gave 3 away, fed one to the cattle, left with 3. Going to try and ferment 1 gallon of cabbage, carrots, beets. First time, don't know unless I try.

Need to run to town and get 25 gallons of gasoline plus fill up farm truck. Not looking forward to it, might need a bank loan.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I left with just a mist of rain, got back and everything is frozen up. And to think... I was just gardening a few hours ago 🤣 my neighbor is one of our country snow plow drivers. He was leaving when I dropped off cabbages. Said he was looking at a 18 hour shift. Coming home on our narrow road seen one of the country snow plow trucks coming up the road. I pulled over so he had all the road. I appreciate those guys. If snow plowing was easy everyone would be a snow plow driver.

Anyways got gasoline and gasoline put up in the barn, got beets and carrots also. Got dog and kitty put up inside, Need to go feed and water the rest of the animals.

Guess it's hibernation zone for a while.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day and evening.