Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lazy this morning. Finished second cup of coffee. Need to get outside and do animal chores. It’s 13F with high today of 29F. So I have it better than most here, but for my area, that’s unusually cold. Got water turned off, water drawn up in house. 3 granddaughters that are weirded out by using a coffee can of water to flush toilet and washing hands in a bowl of water, not to mention, no bath or shower. :lol: Add on utility room is poorly insulated, that’s where water heater, washing machine and a sink are, not risking a busted pipe.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
-13°F here, feels like -25°F. The wind isn't constant. We got our snow yesterday and it stopped, so it seems visibility isn't as bad as expected. Wind chill is brutal if you're stranded and/or unprepared. DS15 walked a dog without thinking through his winter gear. He came back in crying. Maybe he'll gear up to take care of the chickens?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe he'll gear up to take care of the chickens?
Let's hope so! I have faith that he learned his lesson, lol. However, when I was that age I always fed my horses before school. I didn't have rubber boots and didn't want to get any of my other shoes wet and muddy so I'd run outside, no matter the weather, barefoot. (also explains how I was bitten by a copperhead...it took me awhile to learn MY lesson) I found it was easier to clean my feet than to clean shoes, lol. Finally, after a while of doing that my parents found out and I became the proud owner of a shiny new pair of rubber boots!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
well... it was cold enough the dog didn't finish his business on the first go. :gig So trip #2 outside, DS15 dressed up [the dog] in a jacket and carried him out to the potty area. :love Splash jumped out of DS15's arms, ran to the potty area, fastest poop ever and ran back to the house. :lol

My other dog hasn't woken up yet. :gig

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Temp has dropped 22 degrees in the past 3 hours. It's heeeeeeerre
And if it's anything like what we got it's gonna be very windy.

Good Morning, slept like a rock again at this point I'm wondering why do I have alarms to wake me up?

It's 9:30 am, partly sunny, it's windy and -4 degrees.
Screenshot_20221223-093826.png

Hope you enjoy your day, I am going to try my imperfect best to enjoy my day.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸