Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good morning all. 70 a day or 2 ago. A splash of snow this morning. It's been warm enough that I've been open feeding the bees. I did a hive inspection tue. They had more stores (still no pollen) than before Thanksgiving.
I need to plant flowers inside to set out on those warm winter days for some pollen. I don't think I can trick them into thinking it's a different season though.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Screenshot 2023-01-12 051655.png
Screenshot 2023-01-12 051433.png

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
😟 4am...like it or not, I'm awake. It's dark and will be for a couple more hrs. Can't do chores. Maybe I'll go cook something 🥴🤷 I've got 2 hrs to fill up :lol:

at that time i *rolls over and goes back to sleep*... now that the days are getting longer again the light will start chipping away at my morning sleeping in and i will gradually come out of hibernation.

i think today is chili for breakfast with some extra hot sauce that i need to use up. should make for a fun day. :)

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
at that time i *rolls over and goes back to sleep*... now that the days are getting longer again the light will start chipping away at my morning sleeping in and i will gradually come out of hibernation.
Same here.

Can't manage to do much going about when it is both dark and cold.

Dog woke me up at 4am... he had to go pee.... dog is getting old. Sigh. I hate the "declining older dog" phase. It took me a long time to get back to sleep... then I slept like a rock until 9:30... no sun yet at that time... maybe a tiny touch of dawn.

Kids were worn out too. Kid 3 and 4 have been working until 11 pm each day trying to swap out the transmission on kid 3's truck.

Kid 5 is left to help me hold down the fort.

I think all kids will be gone this weekend.

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrhhhh

Me hauling water???