Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning ALL! I'm sorry to report that the coffee pot is empty at this point.
I had a busy weekend and very busy Monday but just about caught up. On Friday night went to a bonfire with friends, didn't get home until the wee early morning on Saturday went to bed for a few hours then had to be up to go with FH to an eye appointment, I went shopping at Walmart while he was seeing eye doctor then went for a manicure then later that afternoon towards evening went out for dinner as an early Valentines gift. On Sunday oh shoot what did I do I CAN"T REMEMBER DANGIT I HATE GETTING OLD. Monday I swept/mopped and hung clothes out on the line then in afternoon went to county clerk office, got copy of deed. Now today is finishing the housework didn't get a chance to finish yesterday and make Choc Chip + Peanut Butter cookies.
I also found out late last week that one of my Aunts found out she has a mass on her left kidney and just the other day one of her Grandsons and his wife lost a barn due to fire with some animals inside it. :hit:hit:hit:hit

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ahhh, yes. Fresh dairy is hard to beat! This particular doe is saanen/mini nub cross. The milk is heavy butterfat...she is waking the kids to nurse!!
So, sharing with them keeps her production up. I'll wean the kids soon as I can get them eating well and just milk her to supply house and customers.

These Boer cross kids are really fast growers, compared to straight dairy. Couple with heavy milk and they bloom! The big doeling born yesterday is a keeper. 😁. I need more bucklings this year 🤫

Playing with kids, checking south ends of other does -- that's my day 😁🥰. Need to buy more shavings today.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Happy to say, test result came back yesterday \o/

A1C normal
Glucose normal
Cholesterol normal
Weight normal
Blood pressure normal
All other test results normal

That's one year of (2 test cycles) of normal. Pretty good for an old dude.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
These heavy producing moms, lol. I noticed today that I've got two big buck kids developing milk goiters.

For those who aren't familiar - it's not a bad thing. https://www.tennesseemeatgoats.com/articles2/milkgoiter.html

Big, stout kids on a 1/2 Nubian, 1/2 Kiko mom. Even her big ol' kids can't keep up with her! She's milking like crazy and I have to ease her load no less than every other day. I should do it every day.

In fact, I've got 4 does I have to steal some milk from so they don't get too tight. I'm ok with that - it allows me to sneak enough milk for our use while moms are still taking care of their babies.
Katahdin lambs also get milk goiter. I suppose other sheep breeds do also. I love my milky ewes!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Happy to say, test result came back yesterday \o/

A1C normal
Glucose normal
Cholesterol normal
Weight normal
Blood pressure normal
All other test results normal

That's one year of (2 test cycles) of normal. Pretty good for an old dude.

Hey! You’re just a normal guy! :lol:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey! You’re just a normal guy! :lol:

On a side note...
I had a conversation with my dr about refined sugar as I told @FarmerJamie I would. I also told Farm Babe about the conversation. Dhe said she already had some and pulled an unopened bag out of the pantry. So I started on a brand new sweetener today that my dr recommend for me (not you). called monk fruit.

I've drank my normal 5 or 6 cups of coffee today. I added 1 teaspoon of monk fruit per one of my cup of coffee, instead of 1 tea spoon of white table sugar that I have been adding since forever. So far so good, it's plenty sweet enough for me.

I've noticed an increased amount of energy and I haven't had the usual mid day "I'm so tired" crash. We'll see how my body reacts to this monk fruit.

Monk fruit package says use just like sugar. Who knows... I may be able to eat sweets that really aren't sweets again 😂

IMG_20230214_163532585.jpg

IMG_20230214_163553539.jpg

More Monk Fruit info, if you're interested.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter monkfruit is a good option, indeed. Wife, with her allergies, has issues

Sorry to hear about the allergies but I wanted to let you know about the conversation I had with my dr. Glad you brought it up 👍

Thanks