Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:caf this is most of my day, today. Yep. Light rain off & on, chilly, overcast gloomy. Got up feeling crappy yesterday, was tired, had sour stomach, drank hot tea, couldn't eat, and slept a lot...then all night. Apparently needed because it worked.

Today feeling normal but it's gonna be another slow day. Fed everyone, checked water, filled hay racks for out of rain eating later, so...kinda done for most of day. Laundry working now. House is coolish, so I'll bake something for dinner and heat in house. Lazy day happening. Slow and easy.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning ALL! Happy Super Sunday!!
I went to bed late and got up late this AM but coffee is ready and it's hot. I also have some Cinnamon Rolls and Fudge Brownies made by the Amish which I brought from an Amish store yesterday. We just won't tell FH that I offered them to you :lol::gig. He really doesn't need them because of being a diabetic but he's got a very BIG sweet tooth and LOVES his sweets.
Right now it's only 36 here with light fog suppose to get to 62 which is good.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love cinnamon rolls! Thanks, I’d like mine warmed in the microwave with a Pat of butter on top! On my first cup of coffee. Took granddaughters to Kingwood yesterday to meet their parents. We ate at a restaurant for lunch. There is an Aldi’s in Kingwood, so I stopped there for some groceries before heading home. Got back after 5, put away groceries, fed animals and called it a day.

Church this morning, then I might hitch up the flatbed, go to sons house and load up the round pen panels. I could set it up and start working Reina in it. Or I could come home and take the afternoon “off”. :lol:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i did 15 minutes of cleaning this morning. exhausted already. back in bed to recover. :) i'll work on a project for a few hours and then do something else today. not sure what yet. sunshine is out and will hit 39F if the forecast is right.

maybe a good idea to get some of the snow off the end of the driveway. it will be a mess if all that melts and puddles and someone pulls in.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@baymule take option 2, afternoon off. You've had a busy week. Mentally reset back to farmwork.

@Country homesteader FH a diabetic and you make/buy so many sweets?!?!? Better stop if you want to keep him around. 🥴🙏

Chilly, overcast and wet outside. 😡 No outside fun again today. Guess it's still winter -- still not liking it. Come on spring, get here!!! I need to buy some potting mix today. 🤔 Putting seeds in it may make me think it won't be as long to planting. Worth a shot.😁🤞

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Country homesteader FH a diabetic and you make/buy so many sweets?!?!? Better stop if you want to keep him around. 🥴🙏
Diabetes is nothing to fool around with! I've learned more about this disease than I ever wanted to in the last 20+ years. About a million years ago when my new boyfriend (DH now) told me he was diabetic I thought "ok, take a pill or a shot and you're fine." Not!

You can think things are under control - until they aren't. And when they aren't - the outcome isn't pretty. If you (or your loved one) ever experiences Diabetic Keto Acidosis and you hear the doctor tell you that his test results are incompatible with life, it will jar you to your core. When the kidneys start showing damage...when the neuropathy in the feet gets so bad that your feet feel like they're on fire constantly...I could go on and on. I honestly don't know how DH deals with his health issues sometimes. But, he's gone from being a non-compliant, head in the sand diabetic, to one who is now on top of his health issues and being a responsible, take charge diabetic.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I love sweet things, but I love it more when DH doesn't bake/buy them for me. He would say "but you eat it." So I stopped tasting, trying, and eating them. He stopped buying, but sometimes bakes still. There's a pecan pie DH made next to the coffee pot. Uggh! I threw the last one way. (Don't tell DH! :gig )

I'm on day 20 of eating well and not feeling like $&^! all the time. It's glorious. I wake up early and energetic when I eat well. If I eat standard American diet, I'm exhausted and sick. Just because it's familiar doesn't mean it's okay.

Not everyone has full choice of what they eat. Food desserts, food insecurity, and struggle meals are real for many people. But for those who can choose - why not feel better?

Carrots, hummus and algae tablets for brekkie here. No need for coffee!

Last edited: