Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
10 pine logs and 1 cypress log purchased over the weekend all 10 foot long. Now I just need to turn them into lumber with the orange machine to the left.
IMG_20230226_103645435~2.jpg

I have my sawmill at my neighbors. I showed him how to run it and now according to his wife "he's got the fever". He's gathering up a lot of saw logs from around the neighborhood. If we saw it all, we will have so much lumber we might not be able to shake a stick at all of it 😂

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
AS I went back and read many of the posts by everyone and myself and talking with someone about my parents and my son God brought to my mind what is really important.

I know it is hard to know someone intimately in a relationship without some form of personal interaction. However, I have found this group that I feel as comfortable enough to both, spend more time here when I can and to blast my truths to people I barely know. But I do know most of you. I know and I love that I can speak freely about my faith regarless if any of you are interested, yet never rebuke me for it. CC is a great man of God and has live and always put his experiences to help others. Hinotori and Baymule are the sweetest people and so comapssionate over all. Motherearth is very intense in feelings. Flowerbug is direct and so helpful. Always ready to give all he has. And is my State neighbor,lol Tortoise is always ready to lay a hand with any advise. And there is more for sure that I may forget the names unless I go back into pages but I knwo so much about you all.
So, yes, You are my family. Not nearby but my family that is always here for anything I need. To give me advise, help me get solutions, guide me through rough moments and to lavish me in all the love that you give. Funny, because I am not a country person. I have lived most of my life in or near a big city. But I am learning what really matters. Late in life but I am on my way and I do have you all. So thank you so much. Thank you to each individual to be who you are supposed to be for your family and others. Sammster can tell that I do not go to the chicken group as much as I am here. Ii get up in teh morning and mainly am earger to see what everyone is up to and to post memes for everyone to get a smile, a chuckle or a little pee while laughing.
So, this is what I had in my mind all day yesterday and today when I opened teh group, someone said, thet you are my family. Is this a coincidence? Maybe. But I believe that things happen for a reason and nothing happens with out it. And that is why I believe in God and creation. Still until today nobody have been able to proof the theory of evolution as a fact, yet many believe and is thought as a fact. But those who have ever put any attention to science class knows how horrible, at least for me and I hated it as well, to have your teacher tell you to make a theory and prove it as fact. So, I am so thankful for you all.
So believe and engrave this into your hearts: I pray for each and all of you and your families because you are part of my life now and even if it passes, prayers are in heaven for you and yours.

~Love~n~Hugs~
Lizette
Absolutely agree on evolution. Not only is there no proof that can point only to evolution there are problems that even have atheistic scientists wanting to question the hypothesis of evolution.
Such as the lack of transitionary fossils and chitin in bugs and algae.
It’s good to see someone else standing in that!
This week in fact my beliefs are going to come up in a science class. I have a small essay due in a biology class, and I’m nervous about it. There’s really no way around being outed as a young earth creationist. I’m not ashamed, but I’m nervous to stand in something so against the culture.

It’s really good to see someone else share this belief! God bless, I know He has blessed me by letting me see your post at just the right time.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Absolutely agree on evolution. Not only is there no proof that can point only to evolution there are problems that even have atheistic scientists wanting to question the hypothesis of evolution.
Such as the lack of transitionary fossils and chitin in bugs and algae.
It’s good to see someone else standing in that!
This week in fact my beliefs are going to come up in a science class. I have a small essay due in a biology class, and I’m nervous about it. There’s really no way around being outed as a young earth creationist. I’m not ashamed, but I’m nervous to stand in something so against the culture.

It’s really good to see someone else share this belief! God bless, I know He has blessed me by letting me see your post at just the right time.
Go ahead and write the essay, but don't interrupt a lecture! ☠️ I was in a Bio class where a student did that. The professor was polite - it was not the first time!! but the rest of the class was beyond annoyed with that student. Awkward!

It's not hard to deal with this issue in a Bio class. Just think of it as learning what you don't agree with. Any good argument must address counter arguments - and if you avoid learning about evolution you'll never be able to make a decent argument for your case.

I'm saying this as a Pagan who grew up in an extremely conservative Lutheran cult (parochial school, even!). By the end of my first real Bio class I settled on "God created a world capable of evolving." and sat there for a few decades. Now my worldview is "I wasn't there, never will know exactly what happened, no need to waste energy thinking about it."

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Go ahead and write the essay, but don't interrupt a lecture! ☠️ I was in a Bio class where a student did that. The professor was polite - it was not the first time!! but the rest of the class was beyond annoyed with that student. Awkward!

It's not hard to deal with this issue in a Bio class. Just think of it as learning what you don't agree with. Any good argument must address counter arguments - and if you avoid learning about evolution you'll never be able to make a decent argument for your case.

I'm saying this as a Pagan who grew up in an extremely conservative Lutheran cult (parochial school, even!). By the end of my first real Bio class I settled on "God created a world capable of evolving." and sat there for a few decades. Now my worldview is "I wasn't there, never will know exactly what happened, no need to waste energy thinking about it."
I would NOT disrespect the classroom, nor the teacher, like that.
Agreed. It’s not like I don’t know about evolution. I believe that the Bible is absolute truth. If the Bible is truth it should line up with reality. So, I have studied different beliefs and theories. While I love this class when it comes to the evolution portions I learn it so I can counter it. So far, every argument for has proven illogical, unless you have already determined evolution is the answer and are superimposing that belief onto the observations.

And I’m sorry, it sounds like the “church” hurt you.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The theory of evolution to me is full of holes. Some mysterious “something” ignited mutations in life forms, turning pond scum, single cell organisms into complex living animals of today. Spread out over millions of years, but the missing links are still missing.

That makes as much sense as a tornado whipping through a salvage yard, picking up wrecked vehicles, whirling them around and leaving a shiny, brand new Ford King Ranch dually with every modern convenience known to man.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning ALL!
I hear all of you @frustratedearthmother , @CrealCritter, @Mini Horses about the diabetes disease and I'm trying to get him to eat healthier by putting cottage cheese, yogurt, fresh fruit in his lunch pail but his excuse for not giving up "sweets" is he needs them to bring his sugar up when it drops low. I am also trying to cut back on my sweet stuff and yes, it's very hard for me especially seeing how I LOVE sweets but have realized if it's not in the house I don't try to make a run for the store and get any but if it's in the house I eat it. I don't do a lot of fried foods anymore and if I do I use my 1of 2 air fryers, we also grill a lot and smoke meat (which I'm really careful about the rubs I put on them).

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
And I’m sorry, it sounds like the “church” hurt you.
My siblings and I all have complex PTSD from it. The church is not so different from any others. My siblings and I, collectively, have tried non-denominational, pentacostal, elca, baptist, catholic, judaism... same story in every church/denomination. We have learned that ugly things happen in any religious group that claims to know the "one" "right" way/god/path. While other religions which do not make this claim, like unitarian, buddhism or wiccan, don't have the same vitriol.

Latest posts