Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And he's one big scaredy cat! 😨
1f408.png
lau.gif
!! Won't even give himself his daily dose of NON-Insulin and that's a already filled "pen".
I'm so sorry.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I would NOT disrespect the classroom, nor the teacher, like that.
Agreed. It’s not like I don’t know about evolution. I believe that the Bible is absolute truth. If the Bible is truth it should line up with reality. So, I have studied different beliefs and theories. While I love this class when it comes to the evolution portions I learn it so I can counter it. So far, every argument for has proven illogical, unless you have already determined evolution is the answer and are superimposing that belief onto the observations.

And I’m sorry, it sounds like the “church” hurt you.
Ok, I got the power! Yes, electricity is finally here,lol

Ok, messy until, do your essay and there is no need to get unto arguments of any kind. You are not to prove or disprove God. He can do so Himself. Just like it says in Galatians, stand still in your faith. God created everything and yes, there is science that proves many of the Bible timeliness. Careful where you research but yes, if any science have been a few hundred years and that is amazing in itself. I love history, so that is what I do. I research history and as a Christian, I look for the prove and there is prove. That it does not come out, yes, remember that many do not want all the truth out because people that learn and know, are a stumble for those who want to get their agenda fulfilled.
Think of the story of Cuba. Fidel and the communist party began in South America and they went in with the idea of everything the same for everyone. A people that are not allowed to know, they are easy to manipulate. Sad story but it's true.
I loved my biology classes. Well, just in here, I was not a Christian and the professor had me mesmerized,lol He was such a handsome man. I got 100 in all classes,tests,and essays. :eek::ep:hide

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The theory of evolution to me is full of holes. Some mysterious “something” ignited mutations in life forms, turning pond scum, single cell organisms into complex living animals of today. Spread out over millions of years, but the missing links are still missing.

That makes as much sense as a tornado whipping through a salvage yard, picking up wrecked vehicles, whirling them around and leaving a shiny, brand new Ford King Ranch dually with every modern convenience known to man.
I love that Ford analogy. I love you! I prefer Chevy,lol

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Word. It's not just sugar, but carby things are just as bad, if not worse, IMO.

I have found plenty of low carb dessert options that taste ALMOST as good, including cinnamon rolls. Not going to apologize for being preachy. 😀
I love preachy you,lol I am such a bad eater, so I am used to everyone preaching veggies to me,lol

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I
Evolution is very well-established. We see it in progress every day. You are "doing" evolution when you select animals for breeding.

What y'all disagree with is the theory of common descent. (I'm not a creationist and common descent doesn't sit well with me. And I don't hold an alternative theory. It's okay to not know things)
I am sorry that I must disagree with you in the evolution during breed selection. There is nothing being created out of nothing. Just like in humans but the selection is done differently. I can't say that I evolved my children. Me and father came together to re-create a baby just like selected breeding. Some people do some sort of that. Even though my skin is olive all my ancestors have blue or green eyes. None of my kids got either of them but got hazel brown kind of yellowish brown eyes.
I think the word evolution has been so used that we automatically use it as well. But again, you are all my family and all different ❤️

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Heard that one before, lol! Eating baked goods to get sugar up isn't the best way. Under those circumstances sugar will help - but the fat will slow down the absorption leading to longer lows.

A tablespoon of honey, 1/2 cup of juice or soft drink, 3 pkgs of Smarties all work better than a pastry. A continuous glucose monitoring system will really help to make sure he doesn't get so low that he has to treat it. Maybe he can ask his doc about getting one. DH has a Dexcom system and it has literally changed his life. He doesn't have to poke his fingers multiple times a day anymore. Occasionally the system needs calibration and that requires a blood reading to check it against the system.

Some really good info here:

Learn all you can - it really will make it easier if you have some basic knowledge. This is a lifelong disease and it doesn't get any easier with age. Good luck to both of you!!
So true. I do not follow any but it is all true.