Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Called ewes and lambs in for feed this evening before the storm hit. Ewenique, 9 year old ewe, led the charge. That’s her 3 month old black ewe lamb behind her.

View attachment 23083

Eve, the last one is a tiny speck in this picture. She is due Friday and she’s huge. Poor girl can’t run, only a quick waddle.

View attachment 23082
I see you have crawdads like we have. I got chimneys all over the place. Maybe I outta put the granddaughters on fishing them out (fun to watch).

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning all! Happy GOOD Thursday!!!!
Coffee is hot and ready, very full even though I'm about to get my second cup, FH took cold coffee (store brought kind) instead of hot cuz he said "it's too hot for hot coffee" whoever heard such a thing??? Just like there's people out there that say "ice cream in winter NO WAY". Hello people!!!! You are in a nice warm house with it not outside in 32 or below weather. Yup, I'm one of the few that drinks coffee all year round and eats ice cream all year round.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yup, I'm one of the few that drinks coffee all year round and eats ice cream all year round.
Me too! 🤣 I may not have hot coffee outside in 90* but inside, I drink it. Even while driving to, from or between stores/jobs - a coffee mug.

Blizzards are not part of my weather this time of year. Was 84 here yesterday -- was above norm for April. 68 now. Hope this doesn't mean a way hotter than norm for the summer!!!! That would be a disaster.

Having my morning coffee, checking on everyone, then it will be another farm day. Been riding tractor most of last two days..5-6 hrs a day..again today. Been some long, busy days when I add daily chores to that tractor therapy. Want to finish the bush hogging before I change out attachments to rake, then tiller....... So much to do!! 😁😵‍💫 Only one person.

Everyone is out there waiting for me. 🤣 Well, hay -- not me!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We’ve got 2” of rain so far, 2” more is expected. Nice and soggy here. 54F degrees and windy. Hey @CrealCritter if you get some of this storm, don’t blame Texas! This storm came up from Mexico! LOL Muscovy ducks will range the pastures and eat those crawdeads. I’d have some here, but don’t know how long they’d last between dogs and coyotes.

Today is a mud slogging, wet, rainy day, tomorrow too.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
T-Bone (black angus steer) day 2 of 45 corn finish. I'll snap a after pic for comparison, see how well I done or not

I started him and our smallest steer on 10 lbs commodity & 10 lbs flaked corn (20 lbs total), starting slow. I'll bump up 5 lbs of corn every week and continue 10 lbs of commodity until I reach their limit. I also have a mineral salt lick I need to set out. Plus the have plenty of cool season grasses to graze and I have 3 good hay rounds on standby just in case. I think I have a plan with contingencies 🤔

Seeing I'm grinding my own free corn with hand grinder. A finishing tub would probably be an easier way to finish. Even buying 50 lbs sacks of flaked corn would be easier. But I'm working on 💪 over here. Plus the free corn needs to be used. 😁
IMG_20230404_174835182~4.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Raining here. I have outside work to do. But, this looks like an all day thing -- even tomorrow. 😵‍💫 Guess I'll go to "plan B" 🤣 that will be inside work. maybe an inch of wetness each day...?? It is what it is but, I've been getting fencing done and wanted to do more today.

Guess I'll cook and clean. 😟 at least it has cooled from the mid 80s of last couple of days...low-mid 50s during this rain event. Will be good for cooking 🙂

Anyhow, there's coffee for now! 👍 drink up.