Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
On second cup of coffee, pouring rain. I already went out and turned the ewes and lambs out on the field. Their pen is a boot sucking quagmire of poop soup. They are better off on the field in the rain than even standing in their shelters in the muck. The other pen holds the ram and 8 ewes, it’s not as bad. Can’t turn him out with ewes and lambs and young ewes. I will start making plans to get even a small barn up in the front field, fence or no fence. Looks like I’ll have a busy summer, fence clearing/building and a barn raising. I’ll have to bring in dirt to raise where the barn will go or I’ll still have a mudhole. Total rainfall for today and last 2 days should hit 5”. Road is flooded in several places. DD and family are coming in today for Easter weekend, so I’m throwing a Mud Party for them!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Daaaaang! I'm usually the one getting multi-inch rain events. We're at less than a half inch - so far. I'd like to put in my order for at least another half inch please.
You just might get more rain. DD and family have turned around to go back home to Corpus Christi. It is storming so bad that they don’t feel safe on the road. Hard rain, water on the road and wind blowing their van around. Storm headed your way.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Careful whatcha wish for....🤣

I'm getting 2 days of rain. Cold, wet, 47* stuff...kinda light, steady stuff. Prob had 2" easy. This is day 1. Big system over several states.

Yeah, you'll prob get more.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So far we had .17 yesterday and today .32. But, the sky is still spitting at us. Not hard though, thankfully. We have been in a slight drought so at this time rain is welcome. However, I am well acquainted with rain that gets TOTALLY out of hand, lol.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning all!
Yup, I'm up early on a Saturday AM, been up since 2:45 so coffee is hot and ready. What am I doing up at that time you ask especially on a Sat AM? Well, my answer was for that is I had to pee and my youngest pup had to go out to do his business and I lost my spot on the bed plus it was way TOOO hot in there even with 3 fans and AC going.
I so can't wait for this rain to be over later this AM so FH and I can do SMOKED MEATLOAF for tomorrow to take to a friends house for an EASTER get together. I was planning on getting here yesterday but I got up way too early and laid back down for a bit then got woke up by my 2 yr old beagle coughing. He has a vet appointment this AM so I'm hoping nothing is seriously wrong, FH is hoping he doesn't have to call me with bad news after the appointment and I'm praying that he doesn't have to give me bad news either. I'll update you later on. No. he shouldn't have kennel cough seeing how he just had the vaccine for it in September when we boarded him at the vet for a week so the vaccine should still be good. Please keep my dog in your prayers. I know , I know it's just a dog to some of you but to me my dogs (yes all 5 ) are my kids!
⚠️⚠️⚠️ WARNING: you all if you ever had or are going to try SMOKED MEATLOAF it's the bomb and you'll never want it cooked in the oven again ⚠️⚠️⚠️.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I bumped up t-bone and nugget daily finish ration 5 lbs of corn yesterday and also set out a mineral lick. 10 lbs of commodity and 15 lbs flaked corn (25 lbs) total. Still haven't reached their limit, they eat it all at once. We'll see next Friday when I bump them up 5 more lbs of corn.

I haven't set out a hay round, they are grazing the grass in the 3/4 acre finishing yard.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited: