Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

1631388574.jpg

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have been bad,,,, I did buy BAD creamer, peppermint and cinnamon vanilla--- I use like 2 small drips and then 1/2 & 1/2, cuz it is WAY! to sweet-- I most likely will toss it out in a week or so,,, other than popcorn it is the only fun food in the house---- I EVEN!!! tossed my sourdough started so I wouldn't get on the "Crazy Train" making bread,, been there, done that and hot bread and butter is an addiction:lol:
Hey, people prefer round ponies to skinny ones. Same with puppies and ducklings... pretty much everything. I don’t see why you can’t follow the same rules and enjoy your bread lol.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hey, people prefer round ponies to skinny ones. Same with puppies and ducklings... pretty much everything. I don’t see why you can’t follow the same rules and enjoy your bread lol.
So many things I want to say :gig
My brain is running wild :gig

I cant stop myself :gig

slap me ✋🤦‍♀️:lol:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So many things I want to say :gig
My brain is running wild :gig

I cant stop myself :gig

slap me ✋🤦‍♀️:lol:

this may cheer you up a bit... maybe... :)

Focus - Sylvia / Hocus Pocus - Live at BBC TV Old Grey Whistle Test 1972 (Remastered)​

there are other versions out there which are quicker to start and faster even, but this one is different than the one i watched earlier so i thought i'd use it instead. :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, CC, you need HER Dexter out there so YOUR steers aren't claimed! 😁 that can make a distinct difference. Set the rules for Steak and Burger. Then, those ducky hatchlings better have some dyed feathers. :lol: you'll prob get by with that.

Tell me, did you harvest a bourbon for Thanksgiving this year? DW needs to put that idea on the new ducklings....because harvest is not her issue....which one is. ;)

Speaking of those turkey....I'm so inclined to want a trio. Convince me.
Why yes I did... he's chilling out in the deep freezer. And they are D E L I C I O U S that's the best convincing I can do.

Edit... And these
IMG_20211121_163843890.jpg

IMG_20211121_163242468.jpg

Edit Edit... And this for supper tonight.
IMG_20211121_165618200.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, CC, you need HER Dexter out there so YOUR steers aren't claimed! 😁 that can make a distinct difference. Set the rules for Steak and Burger. Then, those ducky hatchlings better have some dyed feathers. :lol: you'll prob get by with that.

Tell me, did you harvest a bourbon for Thanksgiving this year? DW needs to put that idea on the new ducklings....because harvest is not her issue....which one is. ;)

Speaking of those turkey....I'm so inclined to want a trio. Convince me.
Lots going on in this reply so this is my second reply (I'm allowed aren't I?)

Dexter Cow... I love my Wife dearly but she put a real humdinger on me with that breed. I'm totally blaming this book 😂
IMG_20211121_184637814~2.jpg

We live in Angus and Hereford country, do you have any idea how hard it's going to be to find a Dexter cow around here? Let alone one that needs milking the moment it steps foot on the pasture? You do realize this is like mission impossible right? If a Dexter finds its way here to the farm, God Almighty himself, will have to find a way to make it happen. I looked and asked and looked and asked again and again and all I get is blank stares or people laughing at me.

Now I don't mean any disrespect... I believe in calling it, like I see it. But when does a 1/2 page of writing and a pretty picture make for an encyclopedia? Ha! Got you didn't I? (Notice the folded corner) folded corners are not a good sign for me.😂
IMG_20211121_192031377.jpg

On the other hand... Jersey cow and calf pairs are most definitely obtainable and quite reasonably priced. Plus they have a cute face, that ladies love. Think she would notice an ole switch-a-roo? I already know she would.

Oh and as long as I'm here what this "encyclopedia" falls to mention is there are two types of Dexter's. One has short legs and the other has near normal legs. You already know "if" I should ever happen to find a "Dexter" cow, it would be the wrong one. 😂 So this is completely in Almighty's hands now, completely. I guy has to know when to say Uncle and I said Uncle.

Last edited:

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Lots going on in this reply so this is my second reply (I'm allowed aren't I?)

Dexter Cow... I love my Wife dearly but she put a real humdinger on me with that breed. I'm totally blaming this book 😂
View attachment 17173

We live in Angus and Hereford country, do you have any idea how hard it's going to be to find a Dexter cow around here? Let alone one that needs milking the moment it steps foot on the pasture? You do realize this is like mission impossible right? If a Dexter finds its way here to the farm, God Almighty himself, will have to find a way to make it happen. I looked and asked and looked and asked again and again and all I get is blank stares or people laughing at me.

Now I don't mean any disrespect... I believe in calling it, like I see it. But when does a 1/2 page of writing and a pretty picture make for an encyclopedia? Ha! Got you didn't I? (Notice the folded corner) folded corners are not a good sign for me.😂
View attachment 17175

On the other hand... Jersey cow and calf pairs are most definitely obtainable and quite reasonably priced. Plus they have a cute face, that ladies love. Think she would notice an ole switch-a-roo? I already know she would.

Oh and as long as I'm here what this "encyclopedia" falls to mention is there are two types of Dexter's. One has short legs and the other has near normal legs. You already know "if" I should ever happen to find a "Dexter" cow, it would be the wrong one. 😂 So this is completely in Almighty's hands now, completely. I guy has to know when to say Uncle and I said Uncle.

So-I get confused real easy
---1 are you getting cows?
2- what kind

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So-I get confused real easy
---1 are you getting cows?
2- what kind
Yes I'm getting feeder steers, they should be here Dec 1 depending upon the how the conversion goes. It's just two Angus/Hereford cross bulls at are around 500lbs each currently in bands becoming steers. They are what they call around here "Thick Beefers". This spring I'll follow up with 2 weaned angus calfs, hopefully also steers. I've got my processing date for the begining of October 2022, I have my 4 acre pasture completed, now just waiting on steers to be delivered.

My wife also wants a cow for milking, she's got her heart set on a Dexter breed. I can't blame her, Dexters are about a third the size of a regular dairy cow (think small cow). It's just us two here, so a regular dairy cow like a Jersey or Holstein would be massive milk overload. I respect her desire, it's just like mission impossible trying to find one around here. All I can say is whatever milk cow she does and up with is going to be one spoiled cow, she has her ways.

Last edited:

Latest posts