Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The only time I have ever had bumblefoot in chickens is when heavy birds are coming down off a roost or something high and there is not enough bedding so it is a hard landing. I have had everything from leghorns to big heavy standard Black Langshans and New Hampshires. My birds free range and have not seen it in many many years. It is a bruising in the bottom of the foot pad, then gets infected, from all I was ever told for years and years at shows. When I started putting in more bedding and not constantly cleaning it out so there is a build up for a softer landing, it just stopped.

I have had a sand floor in the coop for 9yrs, The guy down the Rd has a saw mill and a ton of wood shavings I want to put in the run,,, but my goodness one wheel barrel at a time, going to take 50 wheel barrels :oops:

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I let the chickens out of the coop
download (1).jpg
coffees brewing
its 45 out and should get to 9o/90+ today
I am out of 1/2&1/2 :barnie
Grrrrrrr I do keep coconut milk and coffeeMate in the pantry 🥱 not the same but
rough night stupid leg cramps- aspercream and ibuprofen

5:30 coffees done

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
image_67511553.JPG

Comfrey hanging, Chamomile is dry and in a bag until I can rub the stems down to get the herb off, Sage is on the table and Caraway tops are in the paper bags until the seeds fully dry,

image_67226369.JPG

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Happy Wednesday night,
its 85 out,
I cultivated as much as I could in the garden till 1:30, it was just to hot out.
I came in and cooled off for a while and then went to the coop to give my flock fresh cool water. The temp in there is 90. I took the laundry down off the line, heated DH up some leftover spaghetti and laid out the sage on the front porch.
After it cools down I'll go down and water the corn.
Ya'll have a good night,