Beloved old dryer it's seen better days. But has two buttons ๐Ÿ‘
IMG_20230605_095947348.jpg

IMG_20230605_100012602.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ๐Ÿ™โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
*** rant warning ***
Aggravation caused, no doubt, in part due to lack of dirt therapy.

Just read a news story from this past weekend of a local three car wreck caused by a driver rudely forcing their way into traffic as they ran out of room in the closed construction lane.

Last evening, only one of three lanes (leftmost) was open because of that big wreck we were stopped by (different one from the local wreck) Having grown up with a grandfather drilling respect into for the big rigs, I try to work with them in those situations to get us through quickly. Some jerk was being selfish, so I was generous with allowing trucks to merge in front of me. Petty, yes....

Sigh was going to post the long story about last night's frustrations. But didn't want to bore everyone.

Suffice it to say we need more peace and love in everyone's heart while traveling.

*** rant averted ***

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
*** rant warning ***
Aggravation caused, no doubt, in part due to lack of dirt therapy.

Just read a news story from thus past weekend of a local three car wreck caused by a driver rudely forcing their way into traffic as they ran out of room in the closed construction lane.

Last evening, only one of three lanes (leftmost) was open because of that big wreck. Having grown up with a grandfather drilling respect into for the big rigs, I try to work with them in those situations.

Sigh was going to post the long story about last night's frustrations. But didn't want to bore everyone.

Suffice it to say we need more peace and love in everyone's heart while traveling.

*** rant averted ***

+1 more peace & love

Someone shut off the sky water. I'm having to stop the tiller like every three passes to clean the dust out of the air filter ๐Ÿ™„. I may have to water the entire garden this week, it's crazy dry for the beginning of June.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Satisfied "customers" one of my sons and his wife.
Screenshot_20230605-105725~2.png

I fried up a pattie in iron skillet, no grease left in the bottom of the pan. So I would say the processor did a good job on fat/meat grind ratio. I just added a little of farmbabe's homemade ketchup and a bun, mighty tasty. So I guess that makes three satisfied customers ๐Ÿ˜‚ I don't plan on making any cattle feed/supplement adjustments.

P.S. I pray pretty regularly over the cattle. We are extremely thankful to have them ๐Ÿ‘†

P.S.S. Farmbabe is fully washing & drying again. She's happy with her new 2 button dryer, "without all those fancy buttons that can break!". That's what's important to me โค๏ธ

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
... I may have to water the entire garden this week, it's crazy dry for the beginning of June.

it has been mostly dry since Apr 5th, a few smaller rain events that didn't do much. the large drainage ditch out back is flowing at less than 1cfs and i wonder if it will stop completely. for a while we were adding to it from our well when that was leaking and it would cycle the sump pump once in a while. not recently. things are dry down below.

i just checked the weather forecast because Mom asked me a question about the smoke and haze and it said there's a slight chance of rain this evening. anything would be welcome.

i've been able to keep up with watering but i'm trying to do as little of that as possible while still keeping everything moist enough to sprout and grow.

today the challenge was i had two large gardens that i want to get planted and they're pretty hard soil which makes getting anything planted tough to accomplish (i use a shovel not a rototiller). they've now been weeded and i picked stones out of them so they're ready to plant as soon as i can get back to them (maybe Wed morning). so today i did give them a shot of water to make it more likely i can get a shovel in them. my feet get sore stomping on that shovel... in the past i've had times when trying to dig that i've jumped up in the air and come down on the shovel and only gottten an inch into the ground. watering really helps. :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope my goats like it! At least respect it ๐Ÿคฃ I'm liking it! Still a day of touch ups, hot wiring, etc.

Coffee is hot, fresh, lovely. Gonna get my off farm things done early. May or may not do more than "have tos" after that. We'll see how my time & mood goes ๐Ÿคฃ

Weather has been perfect. ๐Ÿ‘