Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A month of traveling, short work weeks, volunteer stuff, and holidays have me exhausted. Third cup of coffee while trying to prioritize my to do list, not that anything will get accomplished. Other than maybe burgers on the grill

sounds perfect to me!

i'm going to be mowing in a bit (as soon as Mom decides she's had enough) and i doubt i'll do much after that. those thistles are going to be hard to get mowed but we'll see how that goes - it will be last thing mowed before cleaning out the mower deck.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
View attachment 23868

I was of the age 9 to 12 growing up in Alamogordo NM,
When there was a "golly washer" haha afternoon rain/ NM monsoon season
We 3 girls [mother was always at work at the bank ] would run down 1st street to, the bottom of town to White Sands Blvd-- and boy howdy di the water flood from the foot hills down. Barefoot, water rushing up to my knees we would laugh and play all the way back up to Cuba Ave and then home. Oh what fun it was,

when i was still living up north we were having a rather hot dry spell and it finally had a gully washer as you call them. the street in front of the house was paved but had a rather deep edge where water would settle before draining away. it could get up to a foot and a half full. it was night and the pavement was still warm. in the middle of town, about 2am i figured nobody would be around so i skinny dipped in the street for a few minutes. it was perfect temperature. it would have been nice to be able to lounge around for a while but it drained away too fast to do much of that. still funny. glad nobody took pictures...

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Load of dishes in the dishwasher, retirement funds bookkeeping done, looked up some covered meds for the missus, and gave the cats a food treat. Scrounging for lunch now

ETA: June financial report completed and submitted for the volunteer group.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Load of dishes in the dishwasher, retirement funds bookkeeping done, looked up some covered meds for the missus, and gave the cats a food treat. Scrounging for lunch now

ETA: June financial report completed and submitted for the volunteer group.

nice to be all caught up. :) i'm not quite, but at least close enough for now that i am ok with it until i can get a few rainy days in a row to poke about some more.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had some plans for outside -- did chores, a few other things. The five new kids are our and about with their mom's and have "discovered" each other 🥰 run & jump, chase, tag....

Raining again. I'm inside cooking up freezer meals. 15 green peppers getting stuffed. 8lb+ Eggplant slices breaded, in pans for oven, then will freeze some, prepare a pan of eggplant Parm, freeze some. Made a couple pounds of cheese for that...still warm. Chopped trimmings from peppers to freeze. It's been a productive day!! House smells good ☺️. Might mix up a breakfast casserole, hot oven, lots of eggs! Have bread drying for a pan of bread pudding (mark down & left overs) use up eggs/ milk. 👍

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had a nice day. Went to church with DD and the girls. Then we went to Red Lobster for Snow Crab. It was delicious and we enjoyed each other and the food. Then home to my house, naps, pack the van and they just left.

IMG_7412.jpeg

Latest posts