We got hit again!
IMG_20230709_190117203.jpg

I think I may have started a neighborhood trend last year 😂

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’d sure like to have some corny neighbors like that!

Apparently there's an acre patch of that delicious sweet corn planted just to the north of us. Where they had been getting the rains we didn't get. An acre is a lot of sweet corn. Happy for them it made ears up there 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good MONDAY Morning everyone!
I beat everyone up today. I went to bed way too early last night (7:45pm) so I woke up way too early this AM. just finishing up my first cup of coffee (Cafe Bustello- ground espresso coffee) so I think I'm good for a while.
We got hit again!
@CrealCritter, see I told you it's "magic corn" . You used up the first that appeared so the "corn wizard" gave you more. I wish I had neighbors that would leave fresh veggies on my steps but on Sat FH and I went to a "farmers market" fruit/vegetable stand, spent $24 on at least 2lbs Sweet Potatoes, 1lb Baby RED Potatoes, and I would say at least 2 1/2lbs Green Beans plus a loaf of HOMEMADE Cinnamon Swirl Bread ( used a few slices to make French toast for breakfast yesterday-$8).
I am so looking forward to Thursday seeing how that's when I have to go see the allergist then I can get back to taking my allergy med (Zyrtec and Flonase). Yesterday afternoon FH was tending to yardwork while I took care of some inside housework so I stepped out to ask him a question didn't even go near where he was working but I got itchy really quick so I came back in, went about my business then looked out window FH was putting everything away and just barely made it in before "sky water" came down in buckets so instead of having him go back out to get 2 dogs that were in the kennel I went BAREFOOT (better traction then my treadless CROCS) and as soon as I got inside got right in the shower because I was itchy (grass touching my skin). FH got some pics of our yard that got flooded for a few minutes. I tell him all the time we don't need a swimming pool we just need to dig a hole and let the rain water fill it up. LoL

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FH got some pics of our yard that got flooded for a few minutes. I tell him all the time we don't need a swimming pool we just need to dig a hole and let the rain water fill it up. LoL
My "pond" as the kids call it, is just a hole I dug for a low spot to catch the extra water before it runs off. I call it the mud hole but to the little ones it's the pond.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
On my second cup of coffee. Fixing to get dressed and out the door to start the day. I start rolling out radiant heat barrier and laying 2x4 lath on the front side of the roof this morning. Got to get it ready for metal on Saturday!

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Had a nice day. Went to church with DD and the girls. Then we went to Red Lobster for Snow Crab. It was delicious and we enjoyed each other and the food. Then home to my house, naps, pack the van and they just left.

View attachment 23869
What a blessed day!!! I am so happy for you

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
good morning, I hope everyone had a good weekend and wow, July 10th already, I rested all day yesterday.
A few weeks ago I got us new coffee/tea mugs from Answers In Genesis,

When the cup is cold it is dark blue
image_67149313.JPG

When you put hot coffee in it 🌈🕊️ Gods Ark & Promise rainbow show
image_16871169.JPG

I am going to go refill my cup and then post the kombucha pic's
@CrealCritter