Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@FarmerJamie : do you have air filter fans set up? As an engineer, I'm sure you know of the old box fan surrounded by four Merv 13 filters, with a shroud cover on top. They work GREAT for what you're talking about.

When I lived in Medford OR and the suburb towns of Phoenix and Talent burned to the ground in the fall of '20, I donated box fans bought at WM to a group that were building these DIY box filters for the local residents who lived nearby. I already had two store bought air filtration machines from my times of being on Level 2 evac status.
My DD lives in Grants Pass, we use to live in Kerby,,,, I remember when she call and said the town was gone and she was housing several friends

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Anyone for a fresh pot of coffee?
7058D133-045D-4680-880E-BB1A694A197C.jpeg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Time is on my side. It won't be much longer and the Bartlet pears will start to turn yellow, the strakrimsons will turn a deeper shade of red, that's when picking begins. We've been eating some earlier ripeners already. Cattle been getting wind falls, they also like them 😋

Bartlett standard on the left, strakrimson semi dwarf on right.
IMG_20230718_162039641~3.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning all!! Happy WEDNESDAY!!!! 1/2way through the week and headed towards the end of the month already. Everything is next to the coffee pot except for liquid creamer that's in fridge so go ahead and make a cup for yourself
I know I'm not a first time bride but it seemed like I waited forever for FH to agree to set a date and now that we have it's like I'm getting more and more excited about it as the days go past. I'm just hoping that when we go to decorate I can bring my vision of what I dream of it looking like together without too much interference and say so from outside people. I'm not saying I don't appreciate them being helpful but at some times it's like they want us to just do it their way instead of listening to what I (or WE) have to say. There's already been a couple times I wanted to say F*** the entire thing and just go elope (get married in front of a judge) then just do the reception but then I stop and think about my "bride squad" and how disappointed they would be if that happened so I try to come up with compromises. I do think the planning is going like it should and with some stuff we are ahead of schedule.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Oops. Have meetings on site today. Set up an 8:15 "let's chat over coffee" meeting with a technical guy on my project. Forgot to set an earlier alarm (45 minute drive to work) and woke at my usual time, in a panic. Have plenty of time to make the mandatory monthly department meeting later this morning

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Time is on my side. It won't be much longer and the Bartlet pears will start to turn yellow, the strakrimsons will turn a deeper shade of red, that's when picking begins. We've been eating some earlier ripeners already. Cattle been getting wind falls, they also like them 😋

Bartlett standard on the left, strakrimson semi dwarf on right.
View attachment 23954

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
Those trees are really tall, We prune ours in late January/February
I am so glad you have a lot of fruit, I am keeping our watered. Ours are old and were here of corse when we moved in,

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Coffee, chores, go to work. Home tomorrow and new battery chainsaw to play with.😁.
Yea!! I love my EGO, we have the 18in and 14 in, we do have the big Stihl gas one. We had ordered parts last April from PartsWarehouse.com and sill didnt get the order. So I did a lot of phone work, got our money back and reordered parts that are on their way,

We have a lot of fire wood to cut

Latest posts