Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm trying to coffee up my tank...start the engine. :old

Slow day but have things to do...no matter the day, weather or mood. Brat is waiting to be milked. Count noses, check water, be sure all is well, everyone where they belong. THEN I can decide what to work off the list. :rolleyes:

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That is so, so true!!!! Plus gardening escapes the inflated costs. ☺️ No chemicals is a bonus. It's nice to NOT need the grocery store so much -- or at all. 🤣

Of course, I'm drinking coffee that I need from the store and not wanting to give up but, I could if need be. Yeah, I'd switch to morning milk. Drink a lot of that during the day anyway.

Sometimes I stop and think about what I DO BUY and could do without from grocery. Basically, about all I buy are staples -- flour, salt, sugar, vanilla, etc. Then occasional junk or convenience like crackers or chips. Meats, that I could raise -- have done or currently do.

Something we should do sometimes, in case SHTF. 😖
Yep,, retrain the brain

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Suggestions needed please...

Chicken house, ready for soffit. The roof is 10 x 18, 1 foot overhang. The roof will be steel with steel facia. I was thinking about stapling insect screen all the way around for soffit.

Chicken house needs good air flow and keep insects out. Problem... I can't find aluminum insect screen, only fiberglass which won't last very long.

Soffit
View attachment 24127

View attachment 24128

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

I have just 1/4 in hard wore cloth over my very simple windows and the run,, fly's do get in but are quickly eaten
3291245-3487bf40593576b3654271f501f3cd7c.jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have to go back into "eat from freezer & pantry" mode. 😵‍💫 Bargain veggies I just processed, now I can JUST close freezer door. One day this week, I need to empty and re organize. I'm certain some bulky things are needing to be repositioned! Then I think I'll be sorta, kinda ok 🤔😂. Don't get me wrong, I'm blessed to be overstocked but, can be a concern. Yes, pantry is overflowing shelves. Need to eat more? What a problem. :hide

And as I mowed pastures yesterday, I was thinking time to buy a steer. Now, I know I'd need to also buy another freezer! Ain't happening. Nope, just need to pull back.

Latest posts