Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! It’s 50 with high of 69 today. I’m going outside to play! Yesterday I pulled green briar roots, the bulbs they make underground. I dug, pulled and machete chopped. I figured for every root or bulb I put on the burn pile, that’s more that won’t be in the dirt to come back up and attack my new fence. I was so sore last night! I got halfway done on the front fence line, probably go do some more today. I got 7 loads in the tractor bucket.

IMG_5444.jpeg

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
effin crap......I'm not only frantic in my disorganization, but manic with the undone unfinished things here.

1. Today at 5 and then again at 5:15 a.m., the metal roofing EFFEN BLEW off the roof of the new deck roof. Seems hubs didn't see a need to screw it down - he'll get to it later. Well, one sheet blew OVER the roof and landed on the other side of the house right next to the Tesla and the Ram truck. A 3' by 12' sheet. Wonder if it hit ether vehicle? Also some roofing paper. Hubs is blaming the weather man last nite for not telling him about the wind. He also said why didn't I tell him there was going to be a wind warning from 2 a.m. to 10 a.m. today?
|em5|
|em9|

2. Power flickered. I got up from the desk and walked out to tell him that I'll get some candles out and to remember that there are flashlights at every exit. I started that years ago, due to earthquakes. Wellllllll, wouldn't you know. The one at the front door was GONE! Where is it? Oh, he said, its a piece of sh!! and I left it outside on the deck.
|em9|

3. He left the two cupboard doors open in the laundry room last nite. I hit my head on one of them. I asked him to remember to please close the doors when he's done putting away the window cleaner. He said he didn't put away the window cleaner, its right here. He meant to, but didn't.
|em9|

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
effin crap......I'm not only frantic in my disorganization, but manic with the undone unfinished things here.

1. Today at 5 and then again at 5:15 a.m., the metal roofing EFFEN BLEW off the roof of the new deck roof. Seems hubs didn't see a need to screw it down - he'll get to it later. Well, one sheet blew OVER the roof and landed on the other side of the house right next to the Tesla and the Ram truck. A 3' by 12' sheet. Wonder if it hit ether vehicle? Also some roofing paper. Hubs is blaming the weather man last nite for not telling him about the wind. He also said why didn't I tell him there was going to be a wind warning from 2 a.m. to 10 a.m. today?
|em5|
|em9|

2. Power flickered. I got up from the desk and walked out to tell him that I'll get some candles out and to remember that there are flashlights at every exit. I started that years ago, due to earthquakes. Wellllllll, wouldn't you know. The one at the front door was GONE! Where is it? Oh, he said, its a piece of sh!! and I left it outside on the deck.
|em9|

3. He left the two cupboard doors open in the laundry room last nite. I hit my head on one of them. I asked him to remember to please close the doors when he's done putting away the window cleaner. He said he didn't put away the window cleaner, its right here. He meant to, but didn't.
|em9|
Days like this brings on a strong temptation to just knock him in the head and tell God he died……..

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm quitting caffeine tomorrow morning. Wish me luck! 😅

good luck! :)

the past few weeks Mom has not been drinking her morning coffee, Thursday we took a big jar of instant coffee back to the store because she said she wasn't going to have it any more. i'm in a bit of a shock because she's been drinking coffee for every morning for many years. we also tried to take back a big container of powdered creamer stuff but that store would not take it back without a receipt.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Overcast, winds are calm and our thermometer says it's currently 43 F. I overslept (intentually). So much to do, pick and choose, going to be a great day 👍

i decided a nap was a good way to start the weekend. Mom was still baking cookies. i have a book to read, the weather is too wet still for me to garden. yeah, sounds perfect. :)

i like mornings so much i had two of them today.

(i do not like mornings - that was sarcasm and poking fun at myself)