Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
20231205_224313.jpg

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well we haven't floated away yet. I am having to wade to the silkie pens again. The water ends about a foot away. I've built up the inside and chose very carefully where I placed the pens so the silkies are dry.

2.3 inches of rain so far today. Not a record for us, but it's enough to overwelm the drainage ditch on the other side of the road so it's half flooded. Well it's more the culvert 300 ft from the flooded spot only lets so much water under the road to the stream.

You'd think we'd be in danger of flooding the buildings but we've never been at risk even at the highest level. I keep hoping the beaver dam will wash away, then the pond will go away.

The most hilarious part is my mermaid cats went out in this.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
61861e26585ee98b683efcf3dcc27165.jpg

Hope everyone is getting ready for Christmas which is 19 days away!!! Starting next week I'm going to be making cookies all week for FH co-workers like I do every year but this year I'm only doing Choc chip; Chewy M&M; PB Blossoms; reg PB cookies; Buckeyes (PB balls rolled in chocolate); Frosted Sugar cookies.
I'll take a bowl minus the powdered sugar.
There was only about 1/4 c powdered sugar mixed into it.

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have localized flooding everywhere. Our main road below us has huge puddles, which I was watching folks ignore the sign that says flooding ahead, and barrel on thru the water, make a TALL wave of that water go up in the air.

Since hubs broke (in anger) part of the weather station that came with the house, I have to rely on the local Battle Ground weather guy. He said we got 2.81 inches yesterday.

The water is leaking into our shop, cus the former owners didn't put in a french drain there. I told hubs last year, when this happened too, that since we had the excavators there, lets get it done. Oh no, he said. It'll be OK. Well, its not.....

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
The water is leaking into our shop, cus the former owners didn't put in a french drain there. I told hubs last year, when this happened too, that since we had the excavators there, lets get it done. Oh no, he said. It'll be OK. Well, its not.....
ooof, not a fun time to say "I was right" .... :/