Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! It’s 33F with high of 50F. 10 day forecast is in 30’s at night, in 50’s in the day. I’ll happily take that. In the 20’s, water buckets freeze and I’m trudging around with buckets of boiling water to melt ice. Low 20’s and I turn off water to keep from having frozen busted pipes.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Similar weather here...30 nights are way better than 20s for water tubs! Alas, Jan & Feb are usually challenging and here they are. :idunno I'm hoping for a warm winter.

Wetness here for several days -- soft ground after more rain than we needed! Over 3" above norm just for December. Overcast, isn't drying. Limits work outside. Could easily pound some posts!! :lol: Just couldn't stretch fence. :old

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yeah, it's a bummer when someone is under the weather and not able to do everything they'd like to do. i'm also trying to give Mom plenty of time to rest up from her cold and also other stuff that came along so today's she's hoping to do a little bit more and we'll see how that goes, but i'm also going to encourage her to take it in stages and not make things worse. i.e. go a half hour and then take a break and reassess how she feels before doing the next round. whether she actually listens to me or her body is another thing... we'll see how it goes.

in the meantime i have to get some project progress done here today or i'm going to start tearing bald spots in my buzz cut. so wish me luck and leftover fuzz by the end of today's journey (i absolutely hate paperwork).

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Winter morning to you all--
I pray everyone is well and had a wonderful Christmas. Its been a long busy 2 months
New rooster from clutch #3 is 23 weeks old now and crowing up a storm, clutch #1 is 27 weeks and one of the 2 pullets is laying an egg, Clutch #2's 3 pullets are fine, so of the 6 pullets 1 is laying an egg.

The 10 one year old's are ALMOST done getting their new feathers in. Boy what a hard molt they had. Such a painful looking process.

image_67173889.JPG

We used clear plastic roofing to cover the run-overhang. It is working out great! no tarps,
image_67222017.JPG

All is well here, Dog shower day was Tuesday- last one was in August and boy did they need washed.

We have had no snow yet and no freeze enough to freeze the flocks water.

Well, thats about it for here,
Have a great rest of your day.
b21270475ec8d63e7cf3d789c9ff8eb6.jpg

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Might I just say @The Porch -- GLAD TO KNOW YOU'RE ALIVE !?! :celebrate 🥰

Yeah, you slid away and disappeared. Super job on coop. Glad things are well. Visit again.😁:old:hide
Thank you, we did get the creep & crud and was sick the last of Oct up to the 17th of November. I was so thankful it didnt go into my chest, my lungs just cant do bronchitis again

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
image_67163649.JPG
Good Morning!! and good coffee to you!
No fire in the stove this morning it is a cool 45 out and is said to be 56 at 1pm.
I have been using my french press and pour over for making coffee. I found on amazon stainless steel mesh filters so no need to buy the paper ones.
I am eliminating as much plastic as much I can. Even ditching clothing with plastic in it.
I have had to stop using dawn dish soap due to the smell was making me wheeze. I bought Dr. Bronner's sal-suds and love it! it works great! I also stopped buy / using chemical laundry soap. I got the washing soda and soap flakes from Pure (brand) on amazon.
image_67144961.JPG

I am also doing all I can to reduce our EMF, and wi-fi exposure.
We really enjoyed the info on this website https://emfacademy.com/

Have a great Friday!
Becky