Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Went to our first appt up here with a neurologist. It was a 2 hour appt at OHSU.

Mild dementia. Possibility of Altz.

Did blood work. Got the results in one hour. Low red blood cells is what I noticed first.

Sent genes off for testing for the Altz test. This will not predict the future, but will let our son know if he needs to be tested too.

Scheduling hearing test, sleep apnea test again, MRI of brain and of neck/spine.

Neurologist was simply FAB!! She spoke directly to hubs who was good with all of this focus. She spoke to me privately later.

I'm signing him up for research at OHSU, a teaching hospital that is humongous! I hope to find a study that will accept him, both for his future and other peoples' future.
I'm sorry your family is affected by this. :hugs

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You are doing correct to be involved with the studies. It's a heartbreaking disease that affects the whole family. My mom had the big A....I'm an only child and she was here almost 5 yrs, then just over a yr in a facility. I just couldn't do what she needed any more, as things progressed. Get yourself involved in a support group, you'll be glad you did. :hugs:hugs

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My new pup's life consists of; sleep, wake up go outside to use the bathroom, come back inside, drink a little water, eat a little food, go wide open to see what kind of chewing trouble he can get into. Then he'll whine for me to pick him up. He curls up in my lap to go to sleep again, he's such a baby. When he falls asleep I set him down on the floor.
Screenshot_20240228_100816_Gallery.jpg

Yesterday my granddaughter had him on the leash while I fed the farm critters. He had to follow me everywhere I went. My granddaughter asked me why does he follow you like that? I said because he's my buddy. She completely understood that concept.

I also gave him a bath last night in a tote. He's too big for the kitchen sink, but too little for the bath tub. So a storage tote was a good fit. He's a water dog, boy he sure enjoyed a warm bath 😀

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Last night's storm was a non event. One loud close lightning/thunder around 9pm last night scattering the cats, but just rain. All is well

we had a very short power blip and that was it. i woke up for the thunder and went right back to sleep. today was windy, a few times of flurries but no accumulation (an abbreviated accumulation event?)...