Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
In my little town. Walmart had full shelves of all manner of canning jars, lids, lids/rings, vac sealers, bags, spices.....😁. Ball lids reg 2.97 & wm 3.48.

Gas at the stations was plentiful at 3.59, reg 87. Too much but there and up 20 cent in 2 days. Just the announcement of higher prices brought cost up! What a bitch. 😡

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I officially live in Groveton. We brought the dogs and sheep home on Friday. They are settling in, been working on pasture fence with friends. Have a few more tweaks before I can let the sheep and dogs out. Have unpacked a lot of boxes, still have them everywhere!

I need to stock up on COFFEE! Where to put it? I miss my pantry! Not enough room here. I keep finding boxes marked kitchen pantry and yell, NOOOOOO! Not another box!!!!
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=pantry+cabinets&iax=images&ia=images

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DH came home with all this wood this weekend, so I spent most of yesterday afternoon (in the 45 F sun-it was lovely) tearing it apart for chicken runs and hopefully another coop. My shoulders and back are sore today, but it is so nice to think winter will be behind us soon. I miss working outside, winters are so long.

noice! :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
i've been staying away from hot chocolate the past week. really needed to cut calories and that was one of the ways to do that. will have some herbal tea sometime today. it feels colder with more humidity in the air.
I have some hot cocoa mix in my cupboard. I didn't intend to buy it - an accidental click online shopping. I'm debating discarding it. I hate to waste food, but I'm trying to eat healthier so hot cocoa is a no-go. And I don't want to give it to my kids because then they'll expect more.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm WEAK! I pounded 30 6ft t-posts and I'm feeling it in my upper chest. It's a good feeling though 💪 and I even eat 3 biscuits with sausage gravy for breakfast.

5 acres, 330ft x 660ft one 330ft already fenced so about 165 t-posts needed for 10ft centers. That means I have about 135 left to pound :thwell, it ain't gonna happen today.View attachment 18400

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
What a great but hard workout!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
The tornado was about 10 miles from us but the damage is still insane. A couple towns over lost power. We are fine thankfully. Just some blow down barns and some fallen fences.
That is scary! I was similar distance away from a tornado and it definitely can change a person's perspective. It sticks with a person too! I have been nervous about severe thunderstorms since.