Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Second word is GoofTroop.

BoYin's
are nothin' but a GoofTroop.

Means when all my friends are together, it's a fun time.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I unpacked 8 boxes today! I got books in bookcases and ran a load of kitchen stuff in the dishwasher. All put away, boxes broke down. Then a friend came over with her daughter and we had hot tea several times, the girls too.

Must be felling better \o/ I hope that was sweet tea or I'll be itching like a dog's hind leg, trying to reason this in my mind.

Last edited:

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
-3 here this morning with wind chill-14... Sun came out and it got up to 8 but sun is behind clouds now. Water in house froze, probably underneath in crawl space/basement... cracked open the faucets last night but did not want too much water flowing or could have burned out well pump. Ice on all the bushes and trees still from Thursday's cold rain/sleet. Going to be a cold miserable day... at least with gas I can cook some. Opened all the faucets wide in house since I will be here if they do thaw but don't expect that today. Have water for the chickens and essentials in some buckets. Might hit teens today, upper 20's for Christmas, above freezing on Monday? :(:th:hit:hit

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’m sick with the crud oldest granddaughter had. Stuffy head, sore throat and squeaky voice. Feel blah. Going to get loads of laundry done today. I don’t have much ambition. Turned on coffee pot, went outside and fed, finishing first cup.

Anatolians were barking ferociously last night, up a level of fierceness. Coyotes were VERY close.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been studying up on beef cuts. Sirloin so confusing... I got bone-in steaks back from the processor, labeled " Beef Sirloin Steak". I also got some back "Beef Sirloin Tip Roast". I guess the steaks are the portion of sirloin from the back bone, since they are bone-in? The roasts must be from below the tender loin.

I would like to know the best way to cook these "Beef sirloin steaks", iron skillet (pan sear) or BBQ grill are my two options, Please advise.
d2d3ec6b15bbb354a4bcbf35bdcec7df.jpg

1200px-BeefCutTopSirloin.svg.png

Thanks 👍