Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 keeping the nation in prayer
In the last video at 2:16 how do pickup trucks get stacked on top of each other? Again no word accurately describes the DEVASTATION and SUFFERING.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a centralized point of contact for relief coordination?

We have a food trailer with chest freezer and full kitchen and I have a spare chest freezer, ready to load into farm truck. We have funds to stock both chest freezers and generators ready to power them. Basically we are ready to go cook, feed and love on people. But you have to have a permit from the county commissioner office to bring in a food trailer. A lot of these counties, no longer have a county commissioner office left to contact for a permit.

Does anyone know if there is a Central Point of Contact?

Thanks

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Some may depend on where you plan to go. Different districts. Etc. There are towns that will get a LOT, others who need and won't get. 🙁 Each state should have a disaster relief co-ordinator.

Salvation Army is working everywhere. Possibly that organization coul help direct you? Of course. There's FEMA and talking to a wall is about that for them. IMO.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think the red cross sucks up a bunch of your money.... and can be heavy handed...

I would google the churches in the area you want to go to... and start calling them.... find one that can help you figure out who to coordinate with.

Up here, the relief stuff is usually managed by churches, the VFW hall, or the local community center. So... I would recommend calling those places ... hopefully the first human you get will tell you who is coordinating.

Coordinating with the locals will be WAY better than trying to work with some government something.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a centralized point of contact for relief coordination?

We have a food trailer with chest freezer and full kitchen and I have a spare chest freezer, ready to load into farm truck. We have funds to stock both chest freezers and generators ready to power them. Basically we are ready to go cook, feed and love on people. But you have to have a permit from the county commissioner office to bring in a food trailer. A lot of these counties, no longer have a county commissioner office left to contact for a permit.

Does anyone know if there is a Central Point of Contact?

Thanks

maybe contact a local TV channel or a Sherriff's Dept.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
maybe contact a local TV channel or a Sherriff's Dept.
I agree with Sheriff. when we had tornadoes go through up here the Sheriff coordinated for the first day or 2 before things got more organized. It's amazing how quick people start to organize. Within a couple hours, 1 vet clinic was the designated place for last dogs (since the county shelter is too far away), and the next morning all the other vet clinics were fielding calls about lost pets and people wanting to donate or help.

The tornado hit turkey barns, so after human injuries, hurt animals, like turkeys in a main road where emergency vehicles needed to pass frequently became a big but temporary concern.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are hot in the trail to getting the proper permits to bring in the food trailer.

WATCH OUT FOR SCAMS, THEY ARE NUMEROUS!

Each person is unique and has their own ways to offer support. My wife and I were talking this afternoon, I said I can't just sit here and not do anything. This is so close to home literally less than 2 hours drive away. We live on a hill with a unobstructed view to the east south and west. I literally watched the stroms from my back yard to the south east. I never in my life seen so much lightening, it looked almost like it was daylight to the south east but it wasn't. It was pitch black dark night time.

Even if I just drive in and hug a few people or cry with a few people, I'll know what they really need and can load up and come back, with what they need. We also talked about bringing a family home to stay with us for a while, there are so many homeless families. I need no permit for these things. Nor do I need a permit to throw my chainsaw a can of two cycle and a few sharp chains in the back of farm truck. Take a ride, find someone who needs help and offer to help either.

we sponsor 9 childern from all over the world via monthly donations, through 4 different organizations. But what has happen with the tornados, is so close to home. It's not about money, it's about loving your neighbor.

I hope I explained this well enough for you to understand. I'm not very good with written words. I'm a much better verbally, face to face.

Last edited: