Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Kill it with fire ๐Ÿ”ฅ before it takes over ๐Ÿ˜‚. Actually I have no idea how to get rid of it, so I'll just keep bush hogging it down to the ground. I can't believe they actually sell this plant at nurseries for $8.00 a plant. Like I said I must have bush hogged at least a million dollars worth at the price. That and sawtooth blackberries although not so many of them.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ๐Ÿ™โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ.
I was looking on-line last week just to see, the invasive plants that people are selling! I suppose Virginia Creeper in Arizona may be a good thing.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was looking on-line last week just to see, the invasive plants that people are selling! I suppose Virginia Creeper in Arizona may be a good thing.
People selling Virginia Creeper? I got that also. Maybe I should just start an Invasive Plants Nursery and Charge ridiculous prices. ๐Ÿ™„

Jesus is Lord and Christ ๐Ÿ™โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
People selling Virginia Creeper? I got that also. Maybe I should just start an Invasive Plants Nursery and Charge ridiculous prices. ๐Ÿ™„

On Etsy people are selling a lots of invasive, common weeds or plants. I checked it out just out of curiosity. I could sell a lot plants from my property. I'm already digging, pulling, cutting trying to get rid of them.

I have avoided using herbicides for years, but recently started spraying mint. There was another kind of mint I found growing on the property, that I though was neat. It's peppermint. I put some in a pot, which I noticed recently was unnecessary, as there's a whole patch growing in my stick/compost pile.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We got a half inch of rain yesterday and just got a quick shower 80% rain today, we need it!
I donโ€™t even have a rooster right now. I got tired of the silly @#>โ‚ฌยฃยฅ+?! trying to flog me.

Flies and gnats are horrible from all the never ending rain we had in the spring that finally ended. Then it got hot and dry. Grass needs the rain but I really hate to see a resurgence of the flies and gnats.

101 degrees inside the coop! Poor chickens will be precooked! You are a good chicken moms, keeping them cool!
You got those love bugs also? I remember walking out of the airport, to get a rental car and those love bugs must have said "look there's some midwest flesh!" They
relentlessly bombarded me.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sush up on the "lots of water" already, ok?๐Ÿคฃ

View attachment 16215

Lied too AGAIN! Friday, not a drop of rain, nor Saturday, nor Sunday, and not a drop of rain so far Monday. How do these people sleep at night? Lie Lie Lie (that's three pinocchio's) but who's counting? And they want me to believe in "climate Change" as if.

download (2).jpeg

download (2).jpeg

download (2).jpeg

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Reminds me of my cat, how she used to when wanting to go outside and it's raining would look at me and meow. She seems to know now that I have no control over the rain.
I used to laugh at my cat looking for the Door Into Summer every winter. She would go to a door and meow to be let out, take one look, and back away then go to the other door to meow again.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You got those love bugs also? I remember walking out of the airport, to get a rental car and those love bugs must have said "look there's some midwest flesh!" They
relentlessly bombarded me.

We are far enough north that we donโ€™t have live bugs.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I dug out something I bought last year and never got around to using until now--- one of those little hoses with the mist sprayers that you attach to a canopy. Set it up for the chickens. They appeared to enjoy it. It doesn't spray so much water that they feel wet, but it cools the air around it as much as 20 degrees. Plus as time went on, the ground got just wet enough to make it fun to scratch in. Today I think I'll be doing it again, plus I'll put up a cabbage "tether ball" for them to peck at.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lied too AGAIN! Friday, not a drop of rain, nor Saturday, nor Sunday, and not a drop of rain so far Monday. How do these people sleep at night? Lie Lie Lie (that's three pinocchio's) but who's counting? And they want me to believe in "climate Change" as if.

View attachment 16255
View attachment 16255
View attachment 16255

Make that 4 pinocchio's! Not a drop of rain Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Although "forecast" rain from Friday to Friday (7 days). Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie!

download (2).jpeg

download (2).jpeg

download (2).jpeg

download (2).jpeg