Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Morning all, yesterday was an interesting day....coffee pot started on fire on the stove-lost them both, lots if smoke, fire dept came. DH then got mad that I call them. 🥲 but the fire extinguisher wasnt where it should be, the pot I put over it helped but didnt put it out and the kitchen was filling with smoke. All is ok, kids were gone, pets got out and I am on the hunt for a stove and coffee pot.

No coffee here, lol, but tea is made.

glad nobody was hurt! stuff is stuff and can be replaced.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Extended snow events are normal for January through April. :rolleyes: But again, highly variable year to year.

It is unusual to be hit with so much snow so quickly in the fall.

And, being THIS cold this early in the year.... I think that is also odd.....

i think it is a great thing to have happen, the more land area we can get covered with snow means the sunlight is reflected instead of absorbed and this means cooler overall.

early in the season the ground is normally not frozen yet either so that means the snow acts as an insulation blanket for the plants. it is so much better to have snow covered plants than dried cold air and frost heaves getting at the plants all winter.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I don’t need y’all’s snow right now! Lol. Keep it all!
So, I’m going to be away from home for the night and as I was writing a list of the chores that need done tonight my giant goat decided to take his opportunity and attack my electric fence. I walk out there and he’s caught up and tangled in the poly rope choking himself. Back legs, horns, everything. Thankfully he pulled enough it broke the connection and he wasn’t getting zapped. This happens every time it rains, he attacks the electricity because it’s not as hot. He doesn’t usually/ever get wrapped this bad though! Well, got it restrung up at dusk and will hopefully hold til the morning. I already need some coffee for tomorrow.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Morning all, yesterday was an interesting day....coffee pot started on fire on the stove-lost them both, lots if smoke, fire dept came. DH then got mad that I call them. 🥲 but the fire extinguisher wasnt where it should be, the pot I put over it helped but didnt put it out and the kitchen was filling with smoke. All is ok, kids were gone, pets got out and I am on the hunt for a stove and coffee pot.

No coffee here, lol, but tea is made.
I am sorry "DH" popped off
you did what you had to do and needed to at the time, and that is just the way it is, it is well with in your rights to call for help when you need to,, dont feel bad,

Last edited: