Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So we had shrimp scampi over rice tonight for supper. My wife set a bottle of yum-yum sauce on my side of the table. Then she said, did you see my mom had yym-yum sauce out for Thanksgiving? I said no I didn't notice. She said like that's something you have for Thanksgiving and Lord that turkey was so dry, could have used some Gravy but there was none, only yum-yum sauce.

I bust out laughing, she said what? That turkey was so dry. That just made me laugh harder. She then proceeds to stare at me with the stink eye.

I said Hun, that was last Thursday today is Tuesday, just let it go... She said if I cooked something that bad, I would be talking about it for weeks. I just put my face in my hands laughing so hard tears flowing out of my eyes. I said, Ok Ok Ok, I get it... I'll fix you a turkey and stuffing as soon as you get your next bionic eye. Then she said I love You and something about a turkey bag. Which I always use anyways. I laughed so hard I had to blow my nose and wipe my eyes with a tissue.

I'm under absolutely no pressure now to fix her a tender juicy cornbread & sage stuffed turkey. 🤣 I created a monster.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
On my first cup of coffee. Yesterday I worked out in the garden. The ragweed gets up to 12’ tall and I can’t pull them up, have to wait for a hard frost to kill the darn things. It looked like a forest. I pulled 6 mule loads and took them to the burn pile. Then I pulled 2 mule loads of pesky vines off the fence and took them to the burn pile. Got out my battery chain saw and whittled some more on a pine tree top the last storm twisted off. Dragged pine branches to the burn pile. That’s the first day’s work I’ve done like that since I had Covid in September. It felt good to be able to do some clean up. I quit at 2:30, tired.

This morning I go to court to probate the will. I already made a new will to cover everything until I buy a new place. But that will be further down the road.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:caf Good Morning,
I slept on it, I am still a bit irritated, but, as "DH" said, after all of that,,, but!,,,,,,if you want chickens,,,, and a few hours later,,, if you like then I dont want to take your chickens,,,,

I AM KEEPING MY CHICHENS
Just a hint from a guy perspective. Tell your husband something like this.

I really want my chickens, they are a source of happiness to me. Can we please take the coup with us?

In other words happy wife, happy life.

Love can cause a man to do some extraordinary things.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
every-morning.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What?!?!? Oh No... Not Another Song

Edit... Added verse, chorus and outro labels

Untitled

Verse 1