Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning!,
Yes I got up at 3:30, let Tony out,,,, thought Hmmm, it warmed up ,, made coffee, built a fire,
then,,, the roof popped a bit,,, then the Tony dog barked, then,,, I heard what I thought was hard rain on the roof, ,,,
I opened the front door,, and what sounded like a freight train going by was WIND, So I look up the weather and it said, light wind :oops:🙄 this is NOT light wind,, not light gusts,,,

:caf, so hahaha More Coffee anyone???

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
☕☕
Morning all
Good Morning, more coffee???
b21270475ec8d63e7cf3d789c9ff8eb6.jpg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@FarmerJamie my brother was very active in Toys for Tots through his beloved Marine Corp League. He was I’ll for several years, finally got a diagnosis, Shy-Dragen disease. It was horrible. As he lay dying, members came to sit with him. They were almost always there with him. When he passed, they took care of his memorial service. It was a great comfort to his wife. My brother loved Toys for Tots.

Yesterday, Pearl Harbor Day, was also my big brother’s birthday.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That was a hard time I am sure, what a blessing brothers in arms are, my son still keeps tabs on his team
@FarmerJamie my brother was very active in Toys for Tots through his beloved Marine Corp League. He was I’ll for several years, finally got a diagnosis, Shy-Dragen disease. It was horrible. As he lay dying, members came to sit with him. They were almost always there with him. When he passed, they took care of his memorial service. It was a great comfort to his wife. My brother loved Toys for Tots.

Yesterday, Pearl Harbor Day, was also my big brother’s birthday.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dull overcast...full coverage...out there. Light sprinkly rain. Inside day. Coffee is my bright spot today. 😁 :old I'll try to focus on one task at a time...not the often, one leads to another, leaving several incomplete. 🤪 every light in the house will be on. Gotta get bright!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I woke up early today - 5:30. I heard the propane furnace kick on a few minutes later - yikes! DH disconnected it but forgot to turn it off and/or switch the thermostat off. I fell back asleep and just got up "for real this time" after 9. I would have been happy to get up earlier, but DS6 woke up early too and if I didn't go back to sleep neither would he. I wasn't about to spend a whole day with a tired, cranky kiddo.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Farmer just left about an hour ago and asked if I would accept two gentle, treated very well Angus / Hereford cross feeder steers to be delivered tomorrow afternoon. They have had all their shots and been given a stamp of approval by a licensed veterinarian. This is really good news, but I'm still not counting them until their hooves are on the pasture.

Honestly... I've only prayed once about these steers and have been waiting patiently. Putting two and two together... It's kind of a no brainier. Why would Almighty see to it that I freely obtained enough hay to feed 2 cows through the winter and not provide cows to feed the hay to? This simply makes no logical sense. And besides it's not the way of the Almighty I know and Love.

I knew I did the right thing by politely refusing to purchase from the first gentleman. Hard telling what I may have ended up with, like a pair of crazy steers, treated badly, no shots, etc... A guy (me) has to stand for his beliefs and do what he knows is right in his heart. Then have faith, and patiently wait for Almighty to provide. Almighty knows better than I do which cows I should care for.

For (me) when I boil it all down, life just really doesn't get any simpler than. Mark 12:28-34, Mathew 22:34-40, Luke 10:25-28. I mean red letters and upper case even, I need no further hints... I try my imperfect best to follow these wise words and that all I'll say, I need not say anything more.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited: