Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Checking in. Been working on house, put up some fence wire yesterday. Now I get to clip the T-posts. Finally got all the trim down. Laid plastic on floors yesterday, taped down. Still got to do closets, utility room and 1 bathroom. Then I’ll take down blinds, cover windows with plastic, cover light fixtures, door knobs, electrical outlets, cabinets and appliances. Then I’ll be ready to spray kilz on ceilings and walls. I’ll spray ceilings white. Then texture walls and roll out paint.
I took quarter round up, numbered each piece, labeled what room and taped in bundles. I’m tired and sore.

I think Peggy and Bennet are coming back this morning to run more wire. There are T-posts already set down driveway. Instead of knocking ourselves out trying to build new fence on property line between us, it’s in drought, ground is baked hard as concrete, we are putting wire up on driveway and across front yard, so his cows can graze the field over the winter. In return, they are helping me run wire to enclose a field for my sheep.

I got a lot to do. @Mini Horses i won’t get those shipping containers moved until I recover from knee replacement surgery, it will be next spring before I can lop off a corner of the driveway for better access.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter ya know how your cows "just happened" to be available when you wanted, had disappointment and then materialized almost without warning???

I've been wanting another buck for a while, things didn't work and this week, the unexpected shock happened...😇 Devine intervention....meet Cosmo. Things aligned.

Attachments

• raw(34).jpg
    raw(34).jpg
    548.5 KB · Views: 50

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter ya know how your cows "just happened" to be available when you wanted, had disappointment and then materialized almost without warning???

I've been wanting another buck for a while, things didn't work and this week, the unexpected shock happened...😇 Devine intervention....meet Cosmo. Things aligned.
That's Almighty \o/

Good looking buck 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm glad that "things aligned." BUT - there's a story there and we wanna hear it, lol!!

He's gorgeous!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We got a short thunderstorm, now power is out. Not complaining, glad to get the rain. I have Tac-lights, just don’t know what box they are in. Sigh…..

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Been contemplating another buck....causally looking. Couple weeks ago a CL add had what looked to be a good one. Had been on about two weeks. Strange. Called to fin it was sold. Just not removed ad. Bummer!!

Tues saw another promising CL add. 2-6 mo old boer kids. Well, maybe I'd like something was my thought. Sent email to pls advise who still avail and threw in msg
"oh,yeah...maybe you'd have another adult you're not using and want to move. Hey, buck pictured as sire to some of the yungins was awesome! Age, registered or not, color not important consideration -- just body type".

She replied, I went and holy cow.... Taking trailer to pick him up next Thu or Fri. :clap fullblood registered Boer. Bargain price cause she has too many bucks and several of his daughters. Plus she's buying another buck in Arkansas this weekend. I'm still begging her to sell me a red yrlg bucking and a 2022 doeling I loved! Non related.

Can't believe it! :celebrate He's lead trained tame! Eye candy I didn't expect...tame, handled and handsome. Kids and bucks all got updated CDT & deworming today. It's really so unreal. All her records in order, nice animals, yeah just so unexpected to have THAT thrown out, from a simple question from which I never thought this type outcome. And she and I played with goats for a couple hours?! Nice day. 😁

I've always admired the painted sheep, spotted Nubians and waaaay back Boers were always white with brown head. I still like that, it defines them, IMO. But color sells. At least this one is also built well.

Yep, that's my story.