Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Crystal Light makes me sick. Too many different chemicals in it. Been that way since they changed the formula back in the late 80s. Dad's diabetic and drank it a lot. Quit after the formula change as well because it didn't taste very good compared to the old version.
Nice to know.... maybe it was the crystal light.

I do know I have issues with some additives...

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I react to the strangest things sometimes. I do read food labels because some things I know cause issues.

Like I can't eat most commercial bread because of the dough conditioners. Mom kept going on and on about how I was probably celiac but I have zero issue with pasta. Many pastries are just fine as well, though we prefer the Korean bakery up north of us as they have great stuff.

I've asked a couple doctors about it and was told I just have chemical sensitivity to certain things. Stay away from it if it bothers me too much. Like with baking soda on my skin causing burns, but ingested isnt an issue.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My usual issue with alcohol is the "natural flavor" ingredient. It usually contains polysorbate, which doesnt agree with me at all.

Besides for specific ingredients, some people have issues with sulfites, histamine, mold, or the food used to make the alcohol, such as a corn allergy or celiac. Plenty of options to keep you guessing for a while :gig

Almost forgot - another possibility is marginal thiamine (vitamin B1) status. I couldn't tolerate more than a sip of alcohol before I started taking thiamine. Happy side effect :gig

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had a frozen Lean Cuisine ravioli dinner, it was pretty good. I didn’t have to cook. LOL Got 4 new tires on the stock trailer this afternoon. I paid for them last week to hold them but 2 got sold. The manager of Discount Tire upgraded me to a more expensive tire at no extra charge.

I got 300 feet of sheep and goat wire clipped to the T-posts this morning. 300 feet to go.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yesterday moving jars of canned goods, I noticed elderberries with Aug date. Yikes, time to pick. Did that today. 👍 Don't even "need" more but. There they were. Waste not want not. Someone may need some, down the road. 😊 So now 🙄 I need to clean and process about 8#...more out there. Why do we DO this to ourselves? 🤔😁

Need to go milk....girls are waiting patiently. Sorta.

Last edited:

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yesterday moving jars of canned goods, I noticed elderberries with Aug date. Yikes, time to pick. Did that today. 👍 Don't even "need" more but. There they were. Waste not want not. Someone may need some, down the road. 😊 So now 🙄 I need to clean and process about 8#...more out there. Why do we DO this yourselves? 🤔😁

Need to go milk....girls are waiting patiently. Sorta.
Elderberry flavored cheese????