Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
New guy is pouting -- in his shed! He is not sure about where he is or why 🙄. Eating, drinking, eliminating just fine......probably tired. He was dewormed day before I picked him up, penned the day of, a long ride on a hot day, got out of trailer at a place he didn't know. Yeah, he's hesitant. This afternoon he did make some vocals, right after he got more hay and feed. So, maybe tomorrow he will be social.... 🤣until then.....
View attachment 19740
Even hiding in the back corner... he looks SHINY!!! :clap

I am glad he got wormed right before pick up... I think that is such an important thing to do!!!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
New guy is pouting -- in his shed! He is not sure about where he is or why 🙄. Eating, drinking, eliminating just fine......probably tired. He was dewormed day before I picked him up, penned the day of, a long ride on a hot day, got out of trailer at a place he didn't know. Yeah, he's hesitant. This afternoon he did make some vocals, right after he got more hay and feed. So, maybe tomorrow he will be social.... 🤣until then.....
View attachment 19740

probably needs some chocolate.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
View attachment 19740

He'll get over it 😉 such a good looking buck won't stay lonely long. At least you're not having to apologize to the neighbors because your new feeder steer did nothing but cry mooooomma for two days and two nights. He disturbed the peace, but now he's as chill as the others 🤣

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He began noticing there were other goats about....ladies! 😁💕He walked in his paddock and made some "yoohoo" calls. 🤣. Today he will be out on his pasture.

The deworming, yeah it was arranged with seller. It's part of the mellow he showed yesterday because it does affect them....and we wanted to hit any travelers that were at her farm. I'll do another next weekend, then he's good for a while. He just had his updated CDT the week before. I'm not ready for breedings quite yet. Hope the goats aren't either! 🤫. Boer are year round, Nubians can be, Saanen seasonal but I have several half nubian and seasonal can start in Aug....we're there.😲

Today...I have cottage cheese working. First attempt at that one. I'm either eating it every day for a while or chickens are. Maybe both. 😂. There's a lot in the pot! Nothing is getting done until coffee.....that's beeping it's done. Good, cause I'm ready! 😋👍

Chug a lug......ahhh, coffee. ☕👍

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
63 degrees, some clouds, sipping my coffee sitting in a lawn chair at the garage door main opening. It's been a busy week, but sitting here listening to the birds, its all right. The mourning dove is a relaxing sound.

Rain coming tomorrow night, so I need to visit the garden this afternoon.

Hit the garage clutter pile this morning. The canning jar stash in the garage is about down to 1/3 of what we had. Jar supply assessment needs to be done, too

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
HRH Princess Pixie Poopsalot had decided enough with the canning already.
20220731_124837.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
View attachment 19740

Please help a guy out and tell me about your goat shed. What's the inside dimensions? How many goats can it hold? It's open to the east? The fence, is that 6x6 10 guage 5 foot concrete reinforcement mesh, I see?

Thanks

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's just a cattle panel to keep him contained until he knows he's moved. The shed is 10x24 total, couple boards and 2x4 fence divide it. Easy to remove if needed. Each side has a pasture of its own. Right now, his neighbor is a pair of cream legbars chickens. Two old mini mares are eating pasture on that side..an acre? He has about 1/2 acre his side. Goats only use shelter for shade or rain. Except at night, they like to go in and sleep close.🤭. So, 4-5 are fine in there.

This is pasture for that shed, you see on right. Yes, hot wire on inside of the wood! One day I'll replace it all with goat wire & t-posts. Not this week. 🤣🤣. Other 3 sides are done already.

Attachments

• raw(51).jpg
    raw(51).jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's just a cattle panel to keep him contained until he knows he's moved. The shed is 10x24 total, couple boards and 2x4 fence divide it. Easy to remove if needed. Each side has a pasture of its own. Right now, his neighbor is a pair of cream legbars chickens. Two old mini mares are eating pasture on that side..an acre? He has about 1/2 acre his side. Goats only use shelter for shade or rain. Except at night, they like to go in and sleep close.🤭. So, 4-5 are fine in there.

This is pasture for that shed, you see on right. Yes, hot wire on inside of the wood! One day I'll replace it all with goat wire & t-posts. Not this week. 🤣🤣. Other 3 sides are done already.
Thank you 👍