Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Trailer is hitched, truck is full of diesel, ready to roll. Going to Weatherford to get 2 registered ewes, a 4 hour trip one way. I would put the camper top on, but it would be too hot.
Knee never stops hurting, it ought to be screaming by the time I get back and get them unloaded. I amaze myself with what I can do without my BJ these days. Things like this sure were a whole lot more fun with him.

:hugs

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Trailer is hitched, truck is full of diesel, ready to roll. Going to Weatherford to get 2 registered ewes, a 4 hour trip one way. I would put the camper top on, but it would be too hot.
Knee never stops hurting, it ought to be screaming by the time I get back and get them unloaded. I amaze myself with what I can do without my BJ these days. Things like this sure were a whole lot more fun with him.
:hugs
:idunno:idunno
Yeah, we can do alot but it doesn't mean we like doing it by ourselves.... It really sucks sometimes doing so much alone.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I was going to say something...but x2 what everyone else said.

:idunno

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Found out one of my college buddies will be in the area from SC this weekend. Some canning may have to wait....and yes, he is getting a bag of zucchini. 😀
Well, this fell through. My buddy did have a stroke years ago and as been doing great. He hadn't shared our plans with his wife and got confused.
All good in da hood

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I left at 6:30 this morning, back at 5 this evening. I drove 476 miles, took 2 interstates, to north of Weatherford, Tx. That’s the farthest I’ve taken the trailer.

Their barn was down a steep slope with loose gravel. No way I was taking a heavy diesel truck and 16’ trailer down that hill. Getting back up that hill probably wouldn’t happen. So I stayed in their driveway and he took his little truck and trailer to the barn. We loaded 2 sheep and even he had a hard time getting up the hill. He backed his trailer up to mine and the ewes simply walked into my trailer.

7DF59A40-5A5A-4D77-B93C-74A9D4CE5E87.jpeg

When I got home, I had to back up to a pen. See that aerobic sprayer sticking up? I did not hit it. I did not run over it. It is still there and it still works. I didn’t hit the cow panel pen either. I made a chute with a couple of half hog panels. The ewes walked out and into the pen. I’m getting the hang of this trailer stuff, I’m kinda proud of myself.

D8C946FD-FC23-4A33-9C17-D9159432F163.jpeg

This ewe is 4 1/2 months old, she will be bred next year.

1D3DB613-3563-44D5-B6D2-3C61C92E51D4.jpeg

This ewe is 3 years old and will go see Ringo next month.

484FE4BC-B040-41BD-8E2D-196D4A31B001.jpeg

They weren’t interested In posing for pictures. They were hot and tired too.

The dogs had to check out the new girls.

3D00DD4A-D09E-4316-859E-9C64943FF3F6.jpeg

The AC wasn’t blowing cold, so I rolled down windows, turned up the radio and rolled on down the Interstate. Hot. Sweaty, Tired.

Tomorrow is another day. I’ll be up at 5, feed sheep, leave at 6:30 for the farm. Chris I’d coming at 9 to spray Kilz on walls and ceiling. Progress.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
There used to be alot of fairs in Conn. when I was a kid showing the horse and chickens and all. There were oxen classes, pulling and other classes like showed in this video. Often competed in the pulling competitions alongside horse pulls. A friend of my son's, and his dad that I knew, had several pair of Chianina's as oxen ... Chi's are big... often over 6 ft at the shoulder!!!! and very stubborn and moody at times but could pull like nothing else. Devons are popular as oxen also. Takes a patient and easy going attitude to work successfully with them... no hollering and tempers.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's that time of year...we plant, labor, hoe, labor, harvest and preserve. Tired!

During all of this I've made some observations...

If buying, building, remodeling know that a kitchen can never be big enough.
Add counters...lots! Can't have too much countertops.
A refrigerator is rarely large enough.
Six burner stoves are needed.
Sinks should be triple and huge.
Two dishwashers are not overkill.
Yes, buy more large pans and bowls, graters and knives.
A large pantry is a must, not an option.
Aprons are to wipe your hands upon.
Every kitchen towel is needed...nope, they're not excess.
If you have the dreamed of huge garden, you need help.

Chickens can't eat all the scraps & overflow --- buy a pig! 2023 a MUST.

HW canning working. Freezer crammed. 2nd DW load going. Dehydrator full & running. Double sink needs my help to clear out. Time out for a lunch break. Chores again in a few hours. One of my does is either in heavy heat or thinking about labor. 🤷. Hey, were all having fun, right? 😁👍🎊🤪💕🙄😲