Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Do you have some sort of laxative? The surgery meds can mess up your works.

A bowl of Texas persimmons would work. :lol: Are they ripe soon? Or long past already ?
Vitamin B1 (thiamine) in TTFD form stimulates peristalsis. Cheap, OTC. Just make sure it's TTFD, the other forms won't do it. synthetic is TTFD, natural is allithiamine, derived from garlic. I would start on it asap, because thiamine can have paradox effect in people with low or marginal level. Start low, ease up "to bowel tolerance." Can combine with an osmotic aid like vitamin C as ascorbic acid or miralax.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Do you have some sort of laxative? The surgery meds can mess up your works.

A bowl of Texas persimmons would work. :lol: Are they ripe soon? Or long past already ?
Yup, recommended by the joint replacement class I attended. Got 2 kinds. Plus an array of vegetables canned from my 2021 garden. Persimmons are already done. I know there are some around here, there are young trees about 2 feet high in one of the pastures.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yup, recommended by the joint replacement class I attended. Got 2 kinds. Plus an array of vegetables canned from my 2021 garden. Persimmons are already done. I know there are some around here, there are young trees about 2 feet high in one of the pastures.
I love Texas Persimmons!

They scream old time homestead, and all things good to me.

Funny... the associations in our head. :idunno

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I actually bought myself a super Dwarf mulberry tree...

Because of the associations in my head.

So it is tiny, bonsai sized... and in a pot.

I have managed to keep it alive for over a year now... isn't fully happy... like 3/4ths happy...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What you reckon T-Bone weighs? He's not as productive as Brisket. Brisket is always eating and eats just about anything, including garlic scapes 🙄. I hope T-Bone continues to come up gradually for finishing Oct 2023.
IMG_20220917_172619518.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Blah....

We missed red leaf season... way too much rain and overcast. So most of the red just went to muddy brown. :(

Yellow leaves are now up... but the second those turned some already dropped.....

Blah rainy fall. 🌧 :hide

What is the actual temperature? MSM has all of Alaska in different shades of blue. Are you guys frozen soild up there?

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have just been told that Vaseline works like flex seal, when you are engaging in fierce fighting. Something along the lines of it reduces potential bleeding.

:lol:

Kids! Watching too much MMA I tell ya!