Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have just been told that Vaseline works like flex seal, when you are engaging in fierce fighting. Something along the lines of it reduces potential bleeding.

:lol:

Kids! Watching too much MMA I tell ya!

And it ain't even frozen up there yet 🤣

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Can’t sleep. Woke up before 1AM. It’s 3:11 and still wide awake. I made some camomile tea, good, but not sleepy. Read a book. Dogs are quiet. Last night they barked a lot, this morning they smelled faintly of skunk, so not a direct hit. Of course I petted them, then my clothes smelled faintly of skunk. Guess I’ll read the book some more.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@baymule sorry you couldn't sleep, hopefully you went back to bed. Been up since 4:30 here, so not as early but early enough. Mods are asleep and DH left for work at 4.

Cool today, high of 58F. Looks like fall is here, 10 day forecast shows 60s and low 70s. Time for apple orchards and pumpkin patches. Got a bunch if apple and squash yesterday so the house should smell good today.

Quiet weekend beyond both girls have eye dr appts Sat morning.

Happy Friday everyone

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have just been told that Vaseline works like flex seal, when you are engaging in fierce fighting. Something along the lines of it reduces potential bleeding.

:lol:

Kids! Watching too much MMA I tell ya!

i thought it was just to make it more likely that blows will slip instead of grabbing skin and splitting it (via friction/sticktion)? i don't think it actually does squat for preventing or stemming bleeding itself once the injury is done. super glue on the other hand (preferably with gloves on :) )...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Can’t sleep. Woke up before 1AM. It’s 3:11 and still wide awake. I made some camomile tea, good, but not sleepy. Read a book. Dogs are quiet. Last night they barked a lot, this morning they smelled faintly of skunk, so not a direct hit. Of course I petted them, then my clothes smelled faintly of skunk. Guess I’ll read the book some more.

i've been going to bed early enough the past few nights that i'm waking up early but i've managed to get back to sleep here or there. interesting dreams - wish i had a recorder running for a few of them as they were funny.

weather changes can wake me up. no dogs. i've gotten a lot better at sleeping through noises. Mom stays up late watching tv and i conk out with that as background noise now often so sometimes what i wake up from is when she goes to sleep and it gets quiet. ha!

this morning it was cold out when i woke up and i could tell i wasn't going back to sleep so i got up and got the hot water going for Mom and turned on the heat for a few minutes to get the cold and damp out of the house.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i thought it was just to make it more likely that blows will slip instead of grabbing skin and splitting it (via friction/sticktion)? i don't think it actually does squat for preventing or stemming bleeding itself once the injury is done. super glue on the other hand (preferably with gloves on :) )...

Vet Bond is fairly cheap and waterproof because it's actually made for skin.

Tear Mender works some, too. It's a latex leather glue. I only have some right now because it works for gluing dog ears. Hermes has moleskin and weights on his right now because he absolutely refused to deal with the taping but doesn't care about the glue.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I woke up at 7:30. Sleep hangover or is it lack of sleep hangover? Eh. Been outside, fed sheep, turned out dogs and ewes. Saw my new ram breed the barren, concubine registered ewe that is almost 2 years old! Due date February 15, 2023. Maybe. Not holding my breath, I’ll believe it when I see the lambs.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
❤️ Harvest Season
IMG_20220923_103414918~2.jpg

Talked with my neighbor a few days ago, all this year's corn fields he farms, after they are harvested, are being sowed with winter wheat. He said he already has the berries and straw sold. The straw will be baled in large round netted rounds, trucked about 30 miles to a feed mill who will use it as feed filler.

When I talked to him a few years ago about wheat. At that time, he said there is really no market for wheat. I guess that's changed now. I'm very happy for him 👍

This year's corn harvest looks very good to great, full plump ears from what I seen 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Latest posts