Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Isn't T-bone a brangus cross that you bought? There is the biggest difference. They are not near as much of a "rear-end" type of cattle whereas the galloways, in any of the colors, is a shorter and more beefy "beef" animal. I think that by next year T-Bone will have put on a fair amount of weight... they grow more size as younger animals then beef out...but the nature of the breed is leaner looking than some of the other breeds. Has to do with their adaptation to hotter climates originally. Brangus means brahma-angus cross.... makes a difference.
I think he looks pretty good and is all nice and slick coated so he is good and healthy inside... they don't slick up like that if they are carrying a worm load.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I need lessons

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Cat in chair. Keep saying move as you slowly sit on them. They learn what it means really fast. They follow me into chicken pens. I say out and point. They don't listen, I lock them in for a while. Come back and say Out when opening door. They learn. Now they leave when I say out. As for coming when called. Just praise them when they come and give some pets. Mine also answer to Kitty kitty kitty.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cat in chair. Keep saying move as you slowly sit on them. They learn what it means really fast. They follow me into chicken pens. I say out and point. They don't listen, I lock them in for a while. Come back and say Out when opening door. They learn. Now they leave when I say out. As for coming when called. Just praise them when they come and give some pets. Mine also answer to Kitty kitty kitty.

That's what I'm doing wrong... I'm calling them like a horse 🐎 by making that clicking sound with my tongue.

Thanks for the lessons 👍

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Isn't T-bone a brangus cross that you bought? There is the biggest difference. They are not near as much of a "rear-end" type of cattle whereas the galloways, in any of the colors, is a shorter and more beefy "beef" animal. I think that by next year T-Bone will have put on a fair amount of weight... they grow more size as younger animals then beef out...but the nature of the breed is leaner looking than some of the other breeds. Has to do with their adaptation to hotter climates originally. Brangus means brahma-angus cross.... makes a difference.
I think he looks pretty good and is all nice and slick coated so he is good and healthy inside... they don't slick up like that if they are carrying a worm load.

Brisket is our Brangus, can't miss the look and that crazy flappy brisket skin. I like the Brangus breed better than the Angus breed. But I have extremely limited knowledge of them, since these are our first. I got a call in for another brangus steer. I hope he's got some more. I might even take two.

Brisket chewing up some dried corn leaves.
IMG_20220924_183922150.jpg

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love fall chores---crisp morning, dew on the ground, crows calling, hunter shots ringing, just cold enough for a sweatshirt but not cold enough to freeze nose hairs. EVERY animal is happy to see you and are fattening up for the dark winter. Then I get to come into the house with the wood stove warming the house and a hot cup of coffee with this season's maple syrup

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love fall chores---crisp morning, dew on the ground, crows calling, hunter shots ringing, just cold enough for a sweatshirt but not cold enough to freeze nose hairs. EVERY animal is happy to see you and are fattening up for the dark winter. Then I get to come into the house with the wood stove warming the house and a hot cup of coffee with this season's maple syrup
You just described Utopia.