Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Motivation. Desperately seeking some this morning.

The wife is sick and I don't know where to start today. Long work week after last weekend's fun.

Maybe some coffee will help
I hope she gets better soon!

I have been dragging for two? Three? Weeks now?

Just can't fully kick this cough and congestion.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
PT went well yesterday. I walked in carrying the walker. I told them I was following doctor's orders, but I really didn't need that thing. They wanted to see how well I could walk with a cane, so I carried the cane. :lol: I stressed to those lovely young ladies that I am VERY active and my activity level is NOT a successful shopping trip to the mall. I told them about buying the farm and detailed everything I had done and the things I will be doing. I told them I have a 4 wheeled walker with a seat for being outside, so if I get tired, I can sit down. They thought that was a good idea. I have yet to use it, but will sometime this week. Their decision was for me to ditch the walker in the house and that I am clear to drive. Good, because I was going to do that anyway. They really didn't know what to think of me. We did a lot of laughing, they just couldn't help themselves.

They had me do a few exercises, I thought I was going to die. The knee has been crooked for the last 3-4 years and the muscles and tendons are all drawn up. I've limped and lurched around for so long, that it will take a lot of work to get things back to some version of normal.

I told them I wanted to stick my foot in a stirrup and mount up on a horse without somebody pushing on my butt to get me in the saddle. They asked if I could mount up before surgery.......what? Do they think I've been out there riding the trails in the few days since surgery? :lol: Uuuhhh....... nope. Haven't been able to mount up unassisted in years. And when came time to dismount, I crumpled up in a heap on the ground because I couldn't stand up, due to the pain. I want my life back. I want to RIDE.

They had me do some stretches, the results of that kept me up most of the night writhing in pain. I have my own pharmacy on the table, but hate taking pills. The side effects impress me, and not in a good way. I am healthy and strong BECAUSE I don't gobble pills like candy. I don't suffer side effects BACAUSE I don't take the damned things. Heart attack, stroke, blood clots, brain damage, blindness, etc......... and this is supposed to HELP me? Don't think so.

I was up at midnight peeling that bandage off and I rubbed Arnicare cream on the back and side of my leg. I'm bruised from my ankle to mid thigh and look like a train hit me. The Arnicare is helping with the pain and fading the bruises away. I took some wild lettuce tincture, compliments of @Devonviolet and finally went back to sleep for a few hours. I have hydrocodone and celecoxib, supposed to take several times a day. And Pepcid for the nausea and stool softener for the constipation and on and on. How about if I just don't take it? Blech. Several other things that I didn't even fill. I've lived in pain for so long, what's a little longer? Suck it up buttercup.

@flowerbug I would take pain meds if it were something I couldn't handle. The side effects are more unpleasant to me than the pain. I took a Celecoxib one morning and soon after felt a fluttering in my chest. I NEVER have a fluttering in my chest. With all the side effects listed on that medication, I'd rather elect NOT to take it. This pain is less than the pain I had before surgery. Yes, it hurts, but it will slowly get better. The wild lettuce tincture I made gives me about 4 hours of relief, same with the Arnicare. It doesn't totally take pain away, just dulls it to make it bearable. I'm motivated, determined, bone headed and totally going to get this thing done.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The wife had gotten worse. Home rapid COVID test says negative. Chest congestion getting worse. Her issues prevent an OTC med barrage, so waiting for the doctor office to open for some prescriptions. (Standard drill here).

Not sure if I am getting it or not. Loaded up on the preventatives with plenty of water and rest
I hope your wife gets better soon. Be sure to sit her up in a chair so it doesn't go into pneumonia. Can she tolerate some Vicks rubbed on her back and chest? It's old school, but sure helps break up the congestion.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
PT went well yesterday. I walked in carrying the walker. I told them I was following doctor's orders, but I really didn't need that thing. They wanted to see how well I could walk with a cane, so I carried the cane. :lol: I stressed to those lovely young ladies that I am VERY active and my activity level is NOT a successful shopping trip to the mall. I told them about buying the farm and detailed everything I had done and the things I will be doing. I told them I have a 4 wheeled walker with a seat for being outside, so if I get tired, I can sit down. They thought that was a good idea. I have yet to use it, but will sometime this week. Their decision was for me to ditch the walker in the house and that I am clear to drive. Good, because I was going to do that anyway. They really didn't know what to think of me. We did a lot of laughing, they just couldn't help themselves.

They had me do a few exercises, I thought I was going to die. The knee has been crooked for the last 3-4 years and the muscles and tendons are all drawn up. I've limped and lurched around for so long, that it will take a lot of work to get things back to some version of normal.

I told them I wanted to stick my foot in a stirrup and mount up on a horse without somebody pushing on my butt to get me in the saddle. They asked if I could mount up before surgery.......what? Do they think I've been out there riding the trails in the few days since surgery? :lol: Uuuhhh....... nope. Haven't been able to mount up unassisted in years. And when came time to dismount, I crumpled up in a heap on the ground because I couldn't stand up, due to the pain. I want my life back. I want to RIDE.

They had me do some stretches, the results of that kept me up most of the night writhing in pain. I have my own pharmacy on the table, but hate taking pills. The side effects impress me, and not in a good way. I am healthy and strong BECAUSE I don't gobble pills like candy. I don't suffer side effects BACAUSE I don't take the damned things. Heart attack, stroke, blood clots, brain damage, blindness, etc......... and this is supposed to HELP me? Don't think so.

I was up at midnight peeling that bandage off and I rubbed Arnicare cream on the back and side of my leg. I'm bruised from my ankle to mid thigh and look like a train hit me. The Arnicare is helping with the pain and fading the bruises away. I took some wild lettuce tincture, compliments of @Devonviolet and finally went back to sleep for a few hours. I have hydrocodone and celecoxib, supposed to take several times a day. And Pepcid for the nausea and stool softener for the constipation and on and on. How about if I just don't take it? Blech. Several other things that I didn't even fill. I've lived in pain for so long, what's a little longer? Suck it up buttercup.

@flowerbug I would take pain meds if it were something I couldn't handle. The side effects are more unpleasant to me than the pain. I took a Celecoxib one morning and soon after felt a fluttering in my chest. I NEVER have a fluttering in my chest. With all the side effects listed on that medication, I'd rather elect NOT to take it. This pain is less than the pain I had before surgery. Yes, it hurts, but it will slowly get better. The wild lettuce tincture I made gives me about 4 hours of relief, same with the Arnicare. It doesn't totally take pain away, just dulls it to make it bearable. I'm motivated, determined, bone headed and totally going to get this thing done.
:love

You are a good role model

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Can quite give her 🌪️ just yet, but most definitely 🌩️

Seriously though, happy your doing well Bay 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Latest posts