Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Monday morning, time for a refill,

image_67223041.JPG

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OK, Got the last cup of coffee; the little 5cup coffee pot is now empty,
added some wood to the fire, watching local KOMO news on-line. I havent watched the news in over a month, I just cant take the non stop crime/ stupidness in the Seattle/Tacoma and frankly all over the nation.

I started painting the nesting box on Saturday, did the bottom first,
:he DH picked up a gallon of exterior paint at walmart when we were there last week. Yes I wanted just white,,,, yes this is a can of,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, BASE paint :gigwhen DH put it in the cart I didnt ask, but when I started painting I said, gee hon,,,,, this looks quite different its drying clear??????? DH: well isnt it white? ya, it goes on white BUT it is JUST base :he He said we could pickup some with color, and I said we will next May. I put a heavy coat on and the wood is sealed from mites/bugs so its fine honey,
image_67237121 (1).JPG
so today I will finish it and git it out of the house.
image_168942091.JPG

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Today we have.....snow. Yep, snow.....and slippery snow....the bus almost didn't stop for DD8. DD16 has her first experience driving solo in the snow today for work, about 15 min normally, we will see how she does, thankfully I work from home and can go assist if needed.

Going to start some holiday shopping today, going back to basics. I am going to make the girls some homemade bath bombs and scrubs and lip glosses. Going to make a couple fleece blankets, curtains and pillow cases for their rooms. I can't justify spendings hundreds of dollars this year when all the toys and stuff just sit--yep sit---in the toy room. I will also buy them each 2 of their favorite junk foods that they won't have to share :)

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Today we have.....snow. Yep, snow.....and slippery snow....the bus almost didn't stop for DD8. DD16 has her first experience driving solo in the snow today for work, about 15 min normally, we will see how she does, thankfully I work from home and can go assist if needed.

Going to start some holiday shopping today, going back to basics. I am going to make the girls some homemade bath bombs and scrubs and lip glosses. Going to make a couple fleece blankets, curtains and pillow cases for their rooms. I can't justify spendings hundreds of dollars this year when all the toys and stuff just sit--yep sit---in the toy room. I will also buy them each 2 of their favorite junk foods that they won't have to share :)
Good for you! I totally agree, the grandkids are in need of not one "toy" "switch game" nothing. I am thinking a family gift, like a gift card to Territorial Seed, or True Leaf Market ( sprouting kits) the boys are really in to bushcraft.
I have 3 that have birthdays next month, 2 are over 18. I don't send money once they turn 18, I do send a card. so just #3 (of 4) granddaughter is the last of the BD gifts for the year.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS7 hasn't been able to keep his room clean-ish, so I can't justify toys either. He only plays with them when he is supposed to be cleaning his room. :gig

I found some good non-toy gifts for DS7: a card game based on his favorite graphic novel series, a carpenter's pencil sharpened (he wants one, so whatever), a belt. I bought a ceramic juicer - in my favorite color so I'll gift it to myself, but I'll give him a bag of oranges because he wants to juice fresh oranges (weirdo).

I plan to paint kids' bedrooms. I have the paint and, apparently, zero motivation.

I'll probably stick to practical gifts for DS15. He has been buying his own stuff lately so he might have a new appreciation for them. socks, underwear, toothbrush heads, deoderant (lume - crazy expensive but SO effective on teenage boy stink!!)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
No snow yet here. I wanted to run a couple errands today. I should get moving before the snow hits! Good luck to your DD16!

Latest posts