Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
got to see my sister this morning (it's been about four years since we saw each other) and we got to hug several times! :) then her and Mom went shopping and i get to relax for a few minutes before i head out to an appt. i won't be gone for long and they will be back with lunch which i will enjoy when i get back myself.

the sun is out, cold, but that's ok, it's that time of the year when it should be cold. i'm quite ready though for later this week when it warms up a bit and perhaps i can get some gardening done if the ground isn't frozen. we'll see about that when it happens. :) as usual it is one day at a time...

i can spend a while sorting beans or just being lazy. there's no clouds to watch at the moment. i have things to do but if i do them all now i won't have anything left to do all winter so i better pace myself... haha, yep, that's the ticket... :) :) :)

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Not at all. I joined in 2009. Lived on a huge 7.5 acre property in the Sierra Foothills. Built a monstrous home. Planted 2 acres of Pinot Noir. Huge garden, chickens, etc.

Since then: broke my kneecap to smitherines; moved five times; got divorced then reconciled; now trying to restart the dream at almost 68 years old.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Trying2keepitReal I told DS7 messy room = no toys for Yule. He cleaned his room with minimal help yesterday. And cleaned up his room again this morning 🤩

I don't plan to gift any toys anyway. (MIL will no matter what 🙄 )
Love it---We are making edible Yule ornaments for the chickens this weekend :) and then my youngest started making some poms and has been hanging them on doorknobs around the house.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Not at all. I joined in 2009. Lived on a huge 7.5 acre property in the Sierra Foothills. Built a monstrous home. Planted 2 acres of Pinot Noir. Huge garden, chickens, etc.

Since then: broke my kneecap to smitherines; moved five times; got divorced then reconciled; now trying to restart the dream at almost 68 years old.
Wow what a story....amazing story.

I have only been on here a year, we have a total of 11 acres )2 separate properties) that we are trying to turn into our dream. Sure takes a special kind of relationship to make all this work, the both of us can be pretty bull-headed but the love is stronger :) DH doesn't say no to much, but when he does, he typically won't budge for at least a year. lol

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
IMG_20221122_141814378~3.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I joined in 2009. Newly divorced, single mom, living in a city. Then found boyfriend (now DH), nearly became homeless, and chronic illness flared to disability and was misdiagnosed until 2017 (uff). I moved in with DH in a small rural town, struggled with culture shock and coping with the misdiagnosis/disability situation for a few years. Then moved to out farm in 2014. Hard to believe that was 8 years ago!

Long way of saying "not much happened " :gig

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I joined in 2010. It seems so long ago. BJ and I lived just blocks from downtown Livingston. We worked at our jobs, paid bills, like everyone else. I had chickens in the backyard and a garden in the front yard. We retired and moved to 8 acres in Lindale in 2015. Living the dream, we had fun.
Did you ever think, when you first joined this forum, that someday you’d be where you are now?
No, I never saw myself where I am now. I had the fairy tale. My husband and I were truly one. He’s gone, I sold the 8 acre farm, came to Trinity county and bought 25 acres with a double wide. The fences are run down, grown up with 30 or 40 years of brush, vines and trees. Did I bite off more than I can chew? Probably. Am I crazy? Definitely. Crazy is what I do best.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I like the way you think, lol

mee too! :) haha! it's been a nice evening. i had a very big surprise laid on me and i'm still processing it... good news really but complicates my thoughts for now. we'll see how it turns out. until it is in writing i won't consider it done.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good morning all!! :caf

Cool and sunny...looking good out there. The frost shimmer is gone. Few errands first thing...one little job to do while out...then home, noonish. Ahhh, Sat I drive to get the goat I bought and left for breeding. Kinda hate the idea of a drive but :idunno last one for several months, 100 miles ea way. Then, can settle in for winter.

I need to concentrate on getting this roll of fence stretched and hook to posts! That's my turkey day job. :lol:

Latest posts