Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sat road trip was good. Traffic heavier than usual but still not bad. Every cop, sheriff, trooper and plain label were patrolling. I saw so many pulled that it averaged one every 20 miles on the trip...and you can imagine those not seen by me :lol: yep, come to top of a hill and there's radar checking you. I was very careful to watch all those speed limits!

Weather was beautiful. Gas mpg good, even towing. Just hate today is light rain here and makes for an inside day. 😫. Doe I went to get has two more here from her herd, so settling nicely. 👍

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Rain here this morning, supposed to rain all day.

Just spent the weekend being the homemaker. Baked the wife more pumpkin bread, vacuumed most of the house, cleaned the cat tree really well, kept the wife fed, put up my little Christmas tree sans ornaments (cats won't stay out ofthe big tree or leave ornaments alone). Thinking of getting the home accounting a little more caught up.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
... Thinking of getting the home accounting a little more caught up.

yeah, i have this project i'm working on for that, there's a program called beancount which i've wanted to play with and so i started that, and then i realized i didn't need anything quite so complicated but we'll see how it goes. then there's the long time stock portfolio and retirement accounts i'd like to have all integrated into it too, but i'm not sure how easy that all is.

i have all of this in spreadsheets which work, but they don't allow me to do historical stuff so easy and it would be nice to have some idea of what i've done over the years instead of hunting through text files (which is what i kept for many years). i have a program for going through those but it doesn't do what i want so perhaps in the end i'll get my minimal Python skills out and try to upgrade them and write a different bit of code. none of this is rocket science as it is simple math, but since i've not done anything like this already it takes me a while to figure a few things out... a good winter project as i like to think of it.

this is all in contrast to my current view out the patio doors and where i'm looking from my direction it is less than an inch to go to get it put up for the winter and if i hold my feet up just a smidge i can block that view entirely and still be comfy and warm here under the covers. :) if i were out there and looking at it there would be 30ft to go and some weeds i'll probably want to dig out by the roots. nope, i like this view better... :)

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Sunday Morning,
All is well, normal morning, and same daily house work list do do. Thawing some chicken breast out to go with salad for dinner. Snow expected down to sea level Tuesday so i need to over fill my wood racks.

so I guess the creep and crud is flowing through kitsap co. so many with a seasonal
good old fashioned respiratory flu -
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/flu/symptoms-causes/syc-20351719

Have a restful day!

Screenshot 2022-11-27 064259.png

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
For u @baymule ....😁 the spotted..

123_1_05.jpeg

123_1_04.jpeg

I bought her dad this summer. Bought her 2 months ago and left to be bred to this guy..
01010_3N3m0c8RT5Bz_0ne0na_300x300.jpg

Like with your sheep, others cattle, etc...it's a little sad to bring such examples of great into the world for the sole purpose of food. A hard thing that we must deal with as livestock breeders. 😐

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Did you want to participate? Check with your local food bank and someone in charge can direct you to a more local such organized unit. We have something similar in VA.

Also hunters group who provide venison and processors who grind and package for food distribution.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Food bank down in Orting here takes extra produce to distribute. There's an Extra Row program that encourages gardeners to plant a row of stuff just to donate.

The church food banks also take produce and they can take egg donations without getting them from someone with an egg handlers license. Cartons still must follow the off farm sales rules, but I buy them in bulk and have a stamp with my address for it.

Latest posts