Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Country homesteader (I'm teasing you) ... my DS works for VDOT... and I am thinking that maybe your FH works for a company that contracts out ???? Yep, it's good money for them... better this year but it is tough on the VDOT supervisors trying to keep everyone doing what they are supposed to and especially when we are short handed and so they are out on routes too as well as keeping tabs on everyone else working. Many of my dairy farmers, and some of the beef farmers in this area, contract out with their tractors for some of these back roads and all.... they cannot keep enough help sometimes.... after the holidays it can snow.....

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And here I am, way further north than the rest of you all, and though we keep snowing, it has, so far, only been a bit at a time.

So all good!

And not just good, but excellent since we hired out our bobcat that we use for snow removal. The bobcat is coming back in January. We usually get our huge snow falls February to April... :fl

I finally got my tires swapped out today. Sheesh! Prices keep going up!! (Duh) anyway, it is done.

Then I spent even more money to get a present sent to older sis (actually about to do that...I am sitting having a bit of lunch right now).

Here are some photos from the last few weeks.

View attachment 21435View attachment 21436View attachment 21437
Those pictures are beautiful 👍 should be in a calendar.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Those pictures are beautiful 👍 should be in a calendar.

I thought the same thing. I would love to see that out my window every day.

Cold here...19F but feels like low single digits. LOTS of snow to plow today (well DH not me). I shoveled him a path from the house to the garage last night so he didn't get wet feet when he got home, and shoveled a path to the coop, thinking we got about 8 inches.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had no Thanksgiving. No family, no friends, no food, no deserts, no nothing. It sucked. My only company was Cousin Covid and Queen Quarantine and I didn’t like either one of them worth a durn.

I came home today after therapy and made pumpkin pie. Used store bought pie crust and one wouldn’t hold all the pie goop so I poured it in the other pie crust. Happy happily happy. At the 15 minute mark where I’m supposed to turn the heat down, I got myself a sneaking hunch that maybe, kinda sorta, I might’ve not put the sugar in it. Got a spoon and dug some out….. interesting. No sugar. Not that good, but not completely terrible either. I loaded the top of both pies with sugar, smeared it all around and finished baking the pies.

Melted sugar on top sure helped it a whole lot. A pile of Redi-Whip helped it a whole lot better. I ate half of the half way not full pie. I don’t want any any more right now. Maybe never. Dunno.

B064BC81-2F1C-4272-A5DC-63264444ED0E.jpeg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had no Thanksgiving. No family, no friends, no food, no deserts, no nothing. It sucked. My only company was Cousin Covid and Queen Quarantine and I didn’t like either one of them worth a durn.

I came home today after therapy and made pumpkin pie. Used store bought pie crust and one wouldn’t hold all the pie goop so I poured it in the other pie crust. Happy happily happy. At the 15 minute mark where I’m supposed to turn the heat down, I got myself a sneaking hunch that maybe, kinda sorta, I might’ve not put the sugar in it. Got a spoon and dug some out….. interesting. No sugar. Not that good, but not completely terrible either. I loaded the top of both pies with sugar, smeared it all around and finished baking the pies.

Melted sugar on top sure helped it a whole lot. A pile of Redi-Whip helped it a whole lot better. I ate half of the half way not full pie. I don’t want any any more right now. Maybe never. Dunno.

View attachment 21448

🌩️

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
(I'm teasing you) ... my DS works for VDOT... and I am thinking that maybe your FH works for a company that contracts out ???? Yep, it's good money for them... better this year but it is tough on the VDOT supervisors trying to keep everyone doing what they are supposed to and especially when we are short handed and so they are out on routes too as well as keeping tabs on everyone else working. Many of my dairy farmers, and some of the beef farmers in this area, contract out with their tractors for some of these back roads and all.... they cannot keep enough help sometimes.... after the holidays it can snow.....
Yes Ma'am, my FH does work for a company who has a contract with VDOT.
He was looking at his phone especially the weather on it last night and ummm I hate to say this but the end of next week isn't looking to great. Believe me when I say I don't want him out there on a Holiday either but some snow storm beforehand is okay. When we get storms in Feb I get so upset especially when he has to be away from me on Valentines day but he always makes up for in some way when he does get home.