Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm probably going to have to make more cookies for next week seeing how we might be going to 2 different friends houses (1 on Christmas Eve and the other on Christmas Day) but that depends on the weather. Right now the news channels are saying we are in for a storm starting on Wed and lasting until Saturday. Am I rushing a little seeing how I'm already thinking about the cookies I want to make for next year? There is 1 cookie that's called German Spice cookie (don't know regular name just starts with "P") that I want to do for sure.
I can't believe it's been almost a year since FH proposed, where did the time go? and NOPE haven't really made any wedding plans just thinking about doing a small (20-30 guests) backyard wedding and BBQ party afterwards but nothing has really been discussed and right now I'm not pushing the plans. I've told him in the past we can get it planned then when we decide when it's going to be we don't have to rush to do it all but he wants to wait and wait. Yup, he's last minute everything Lol:lol:.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Slept like a rock, don't even recall turning off my alarms again. Almighty woke me at 9:00, I must have needed rest.

It's the beginning of another day, the start of another weekend. Wow another weekend already, where are the days going?

All of James Chapter 4, mainly verses 7 & 14.

It's sunny, 33 degrees, breezy from the west. I see dark, clouds to the north, but here it is sunny.

Enjoy your day.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
well, it is still snowing, I think we are at about 1 ft of snow. I have snow blowed twice in the last 24 hours and raked snow off the chicken coop this morning. Hauled in a bunch of wood, picking up groceries today and then hunkering down for a week! They are predicting with the wind chill that by Wednesday morning we will have temps that feel like -37-40F!!!! I am not ready, that is mid January weather. Kids likely won't have school so Christmas break will start early.

Got all the gas cans and 55 gal drum filled with gas over the last couple weeks once the prices dropped under $3/gallon so we are ready. Will bake up some cookies and some freezer meals today so then all we have to do is heat and eat on the stove if the power goes.

Took DD8 to the dr yesterday as she has had a cough for 4 weeks and her asthma meds are working. Chest x-ray looked good but she has a little bit of a rattle on the right side. Upping her steroids to twice a day and nebulizer about 3-4 times a day for the next 2 weeks, gonna be a long haul. I wish is wasn't going to get so cold out as the only time her coughing stops is when she is sleeping or outside.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cattle are grazing the summer lowland pasture and enjoying their day. I hope you too enjoy your day 👍
IMG_20221217_102955155~5.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well, it is still snowing, I think we are at about 1 ft of snow. I have snow blowed twice in the last 24 hours and raked snow off the chicken coop this morning. Hauled in a bunch of wood, picking up groceries today and then hunkering down for a week! They are predicting with the wind chill that by Wednesday morning we will have temps that feel like -37-40F!!!! I am not ready, that is mid January weather. Kids likely won't have school so Christmas break will start early.

Got all the gas cans and 55 gal drum filled with gas over the last couple weeks once the prices dropped under $3/gallon so we are ready. Will bake up some cookies and some freezer meals today so then all we have to do is heat and eat on the stove if the power goes.

Took DD8 to the dr yesterday as she has had a cough for 4 weeks and her asthma meds are working. Chest x-ray looked good but she has a little bit of a rattle on the right side. Upping her steroids to twice a day and nebulizer about 3-4 times a day for the next 2 weeks, gonna be a long haul. I wish is wasn't going to get so cold out as the only time her coughing stops is when she is sleeping or outside.
when the house it to hot, it makes my coughing worse,
Prayers and hugs to baby girl!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Happy Friday! Warm thoughts to you all in snow ❄️ today. Rained all night here.

Brisk and cold here this weekend. Our group is going to the Western Reserve National Cemetery tomorrow morning to participate in laying wreaths on the veteran gravesites. Over 45,000 vets/spouses are buried there.
Two semi tractor trailers full of wreaths, over 20,000 individual wreaths. Huge crowd, took about 3 hours
20221217_101816.jpg
20221217_110004.jpg