Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ouch on the gas tank.
Really don't want to think about what I just spent on Gasoline. nothing I can do about it anyways. So I just give to Almighty, it's all His anyways.

After feeding the cattle, pasture boss Oreo called a cow meeting. Now it would seem to me, the cattle would want to be in their shelter, but nope, cow meeting instead. This weather must not mean much to them.
IMG_20221222_151236685~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My neighbor is conserned about the winter wheat he planted. He's hoping for snow to help insulate it from subzero temperatures, which could kill it. That would be awful if it occurs.

If it's OK with you, please pray for all the winter wheat planted around here in the heartland of the bread basket. There's a lot of it sowed.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My neighbor is conserned about the winter wheat he planted. He's hoping for snow to help insulate it from subzero temperatures, which could kill it. That would be awful if it occurs.

If it's OK with you, please pray for all the winter wheat planted around here in the heartland of the bread basket. There's a lot of it sowed.

Will do....✝️

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

Prayers

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Saw gas here for 2.39 yesterday. I actually got it cheaper by using my rewards card at Kroger. Yay! I filled up the diesel can this morning for 3.89.
87 octane .50 a gallon higher here $2.899 was the best price I found over 1/2 dozen stations. Better than it was over the summer.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Neat to see the 30 degree difference from one side of the front to the other
Probably so -- I'd like to just take your word for it!! I don't need to experience for myself. :old

Dang...just added gasoline for generator to my morning "do" ... In case. Warm until noon, then the drop happens. 🥶💨😲

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

i think the rain, ice and snow will protect it much better than if this were a dry cold spell.

the only times i've seen it have problems here is if it gets drowned in low spots or too dry on the high spots.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This is a wild winter storm... probably a walk in the park for @Alaskan though.

Wind I think is the worst of it. Snow and cold temperature, i kind of expect every year. But the wind is howling from the north/north west blowing and drifting snow. Not much snow to speak of really. Weather app says 1 to 3 inches is expected. There's no way I could accurately measure it with this wind blowing it all over the place. So I guess I'll use the weather app as a good of a guess as any.

Currently it's 5 degrees, very windy with gusts up to 43.7 mph. Forecast to drop to a low of -5 degrees just before day break. Thank Almighty for a warm and loving home.

Even as I type this, I hear the winds dying down some, so we might be getting near the backside of the storm.

I'm going to do my imperfect best to relax and enjoy the remainder of the evening, leave the rest to Almighty. I hope you stay safe and enjoy your evening also.