Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning ALL! It rained off and on all night long, FH had to be into work at 5 so had to get up at 3:15. Right now it's pretty blue skies here but it's only 33 and the temp is suppose to drop quickly around noon. FH will probably be out taking care of the roads until tomorrow morning so today I got the sauce started for the pan of lasagna he is making for Sunday afternoon at another friends house then later on today I have to cook the sausage for the HOMEMADE Pizzas we are having at another friends house tomorrow night. Right now all my dogs are snoozing and enjoying the warmth of the house.
I no longer have the Keurig, got a dual Ninja coffee maker so the pot can stay full and there's no line waiting on the use of the coffee maker. It also does specialty coffee (cappuccino and lattes plus brews over ice) so pick your choice and enjoy your coffee break.

Attachments

• IMG_20221218_145105_01.jpg
    IMG_20221218_145105_01.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 25

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
-4 now, the worst of the winds are picking up through midnight.
FJ and everyone please stay safe, It's a wild storm with howling winds. We successful watered the cattle. They should be good for two days now. Feeding the animals will be easy later this afternoon. My toes have turned purple from when I got frost bite as a kid. I'm warming them up until the pain subsides then I'll be able to walk right again.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Probably so -- I'd like to just take your word for it!! I don't need to experience for myself. :old

Dang...just added gasoline for generator to my morning "do" ... In case. Warm until noon, then the drop happens. 🥶💨😲
I said neat to watch not enjoyable to endure. kinda like a post card or some of Alaskans pics. Great to look at like a war movie but not something I want to be in.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My toes have turned purple from when I got frost bite as a kid.
Yikes! That couldn't have been good!

I can't stand cold toes so I just ordered myself a pair of rechargeable warming insoles for less than 11 bucks from Walmart. Might be good for your damaged toes?

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yikes! That couldn't have been good!

I can't stand cold toes so I just ordered myself a pair of rechargeable insoles for less than 11 bucks from Walmart. Might be good for your damaged toes?
Happens every winter, I would show yin's a picture but it wouldn't be pretty. Expecially with my crooked toes on one foot and big toe of the other from having them all broken at work, when I was a teen.

BTW it's Sunny and 7 degrees, still very windy feels like -7 degrees.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸