Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
First thought John 10:10.

If you were closer I would be a neighbor and bring you my generator. Let pray power is restored in a more stable fashion.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

We have 2 generators now. Most people on this substation do. We're low on the repair list for storm damage.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Snowing again lite through, big flakes. My wife taking a nap, I told her she did good with Christmas dinner, everything totally delicious 😋.

So I decided why not go ahead and ferment up cabbage, beets and carrots. So I found what I needed being extra quite so as not to wake her. I peeled the carrot and beets and got to work.
IMG_20221226_141231713.jpg

1 lb store bought carrots, 2 lb store bought beets, 2 lb Brunswick garden cabbage all shredded weight plus 3 TBS pickling salt massaged in. 4 cups spring water, 6 tsp pickling salt for brine. Placed a large cabbage leaf overtop, added the weights and pushed down until the natural juices came up over top, then added brine. Curious to see what it'll taste like once fermention is complete.

5 lbs seemed to work fairly well in a 1 gallon crock.
IMG_20221226_150428738.jpg

Cattle got the leftover cabbage and carrots, I bagged, labeled and froze the leftover shredded beets.

Last edited:

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good Afternoon ❤️ I slept way late into the morning. I woke to a couple of inches of fresh snow. Raked the coals in the wood stove, tossed a few pieces of split logs in, nice a toasty now.

It's overcast, 35 degrees and breezy. I shoveled off the sidewalks.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with the rest of my day. But whatever it is, I will do my imperfect to be led by the Spirit and enjoy the day.

Romans 8:35-39

I hope you enjoy your day.

Romans 8:38 is probably my favorite verse in the whole Bible.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’m sick with the crud oldest granddaughter had. Stuffy head, sore throat and squeaky voice. Feel blah. Going to get loads of laundry done today. I don’t have much ambition. Turned on coffee pot, went outside and fed, finishing first cup.

Anatolians were barking ferociously last night, up a level of fierceness. Coyotes were VERY close.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Start of another brand new day. It's currently 24 degrees, there is snow on the ground, it's overcast and the winds are calm.

Mathew 24:12-14

Stay safe and enjoy your day 👍

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dark again, just like the snap of a finger, there went another day.

Time sure flys in planet earth, doesn't it?.

Eternity has no time.

All of Psalm 19

I hope you enjoyed your day. I hope you enjoy your night.