Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
36 at wake up this morning. Coffee has been consumed, goats, horses, chickens and pig have all had their breakfast. Sun is out and doing its job! 43 now and headed for a high of 56.

We have sun today too, I never did build a fire, and it is cold in here, its 40 out and may get to 45 by noon,,, I am going to try and work outside today.

I would LOVE a 56 day, but with all those babies you have 56 is good

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Currently 30, overcast, calm winds, with occasional snow flurries. They are saying we are headed for a low of 18, then a warmup to 50 with showers tomorrow. Sound depressing? Absolutely NOT!!! I feel like this 15 minute old lamb, Thank You Almighty 👆
266cad5d676bf584~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
fp.gif

4:20 , Tea time, I cooked up 2 cups of this 13bean soum blend I have om Tuesday, and this morning I added ground turkey, stewed tomatoes and wild rice,, its like a pot of chili sort of,,,
so thats supper,,,
I vacuumed up the days dirt, wiped up the kitchen and made my cup of tea,, I am done for the day, well after I build a fire, I will confess I have a hankering for a hot buttered rum 🤔,, no can do, I have nothing to make it with ,

image_6483441.JPG

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
fp.gif

good morning, I did build a fire this morning, boy was the house cold last night having no fire all day, but thats what more blankets are for :cool:

Good hot coffee, dogs are out in the 5am darkness, I got the coop open .
I felt good being out in the garden yesterday, working with the soil, the comfrey is sprouting. I am trying to map out where I will plant the squash. I may put carboard down at the east end where the grass meets the bed
/ where I had the green bean trellis/ 👇 when the squash starts growing vines.
image_16899585.JPG

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am going to start watching my hens eggs for fertilization, I want to shoot for incubating and getting a hatch in June,,, I dont know if these hens will go broody or not but I want 6 more hens.

Latest posts