Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I over slept... Snoozed right though both of my alarms. Only to wake to an emergency alert about a lot of flooded roads and to seek alternative route. Well Texas is still sending us a whole lot of love 💕

Screenshot_20230303-085338.png

Gov emergency management txt.

Emergency Management Agency: At 841 AM CST, Thunderstorms producing heavy rain across the warned area are becoming more scattered. Between 2 and 4 inches of rain have fallen. Emergency management reported ditches out their banks with numerous roads water covered or closed. Additional rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches are possible in the warned area with additional storms this morning.

Flash flooding is already occurring.

I hope you enjoy your day 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Country homesteader ; I get it... I moved to Va 40 yrs ago to get away from Ex...and family... and wanted nicer weather..... then DS moved down with me a couple years later as soon as he got out of high school.... forward 30 years and ex and 2nd wife moved to Va and I was ready to take off for the back hills.... but it has not been a big problem. 2nd wife passed away and son has a so-so relationship with ex.... and I can be civil after all these years... but can only take exposure for a couple hours at a time.... a couple times a year....

Your house, your rules... and you will have to work with FH to make sure he understands that this is YOURS and HIS life.... not yours his and hers......
I am dealing with DS's GF and the problems there... difficult with our farming business.....and other problems...

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good Morning all my wonderful friends!
FH told me that his sister is thinking about moving to Virginia but getting her own place! She can stay in New York or go to North Carolina where her daughter is. As you all can tell there's no love loss here from me. She only wants to move down to be closer to her brother and get involved in with our life, I had thought she realized that when he and I got back together and he put an engagement ring on my finger but I guess that was just an act.
I know I shouldn't bring my troubles to any of you seeing how Y'all have your own to deal with so I apologize. Nope, I can't say anything to him about his sister because that's his sister. I just hope and pray that she doesn't live near us so she can't really come visit.
Right now the temp is 50 here, suppose to have rain and thunderstorms but so far none of that has started.

Rant away. I've known people like that. Luckily not my or my husband's family. Not sure what would help.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Looks like all that Texas Loving has passed, winds have died down to a breeze. We've had this grill for at least 5 years. Always been outside and covered. First time it's ever been blown over 😳. Numerous tree limbs down, some stuff blown around but most importantly everyone around the neighborhood is OK.
IMG_20230303_165851600~4.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan and everyone, not too good today. The right leg is hurting like it going to explode!
Anyway, got good deal on a general. A 14K 200Watts. Whatever it is but will run everything but the washer and dryer and the dishwasher. The dishwasher has a leg problem and does not need power,lol I use the dishwasher as storage,lol All for 9k. Only need to add what ever the gas company will charge for the connection. It goes hooked to the main box and turns on withing 10 seconds of loosing power. I opted for 50 buck a year for them to monitor the unit and know of any maintenance. God is so good!
Glad to hear you're getting a generator, you must have a well, if no water during a power outage?